Labor Day Throwdown: Anything Goes Free-For-All

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'll let the judges decide where to put this as a prize! Lodge skillet.

3381433_1007usa.jpg

I will throw in a bottle or two my hot sauces with the thermometer from tx smoker tx smoker for the judges vote second prize. I should have at least two if not three new sauces done by then. I'll save a bottle of this for one of them. View attachment 672488
Awesomesauce!.......................................see what I did there!:emoji_grinning:

The first weekend of the TD has come and gone and as of now, no entries submitted. That's not really surprising though being that the event was only announced two days prior to the weekend :emoji_laughing: We are still anticipating a banner number of folks getting on the bandwagon for this one since we've given every forum member an opportunity to create their best dish and enter it for a chance to win some amazing prizes.

Speaking of prizes, y'all might want to go back and re-read the original post in this thread. We've been blessed with prizes from a couple of top-shelf members here, Steve H Steve H and jcam222 jcam222 Chris ( gmc2003 gmc2003 ) and I have decided to create another prize category utilizing these very generous gifts. It'll be a "Judge's Choice" prize and the details can be seen in the edited original post.

Robert

Ummm now you got me thinking. A beer-pole throw down.
This was actually suggested by a member a while back when I built the "new and improved" beer pole for you. I'd be in favor of it. Probably be some interesting guidelines we'd have to come up with it but I bet we could make a fun event out of it. :emoji_wink:

Robert

This was actually suggested by a member a while back when I built the "new and improved" beer pole for you. I'd be in favor of it. Probably be some interesting guidelines we'd have to come up with it but I bet we could make a fun event out of it. :emoji_wink:

Robert
With the craftsmanship some of our SMF family have put forth it could be a very interesting TD,

Chris

Reactions: JLeonard

Robert

In this day and age , and the way of the world. I think you would get into a lot of trouble with just a beer pole.
As the other alcohols would be offended and felt shamed upon. So you both should be taken to a higher court and asked ....

WHAT about the Rum's and Whisky's etc and all the blended liquor's of the world,
so I plead with you to include all alcohols of the world to your liquor poles throwdown, PLEASE

From Open Minded
David

Sorry could not resist, I know . I will stand in the corner for the rest of the day.
Make sure your facing the corner David. LOL

so I plead with you to include all alcohols of the world to your liquor poles throwdown, PLEASE
liquor pole doesn't have the same ring to it David. We would need to come up with a better name. Also the beer pole doesn't discriminate against it's distant cousins. It welcomes any and all types of drinks.

In this day and age , and the way of the world. I think you would get into a lot of trouble with just a beer pole.
Ha!!! not in this TD dictatorship. Robert and I only have to answer to two higher powers. :emoji_sunglasses:

Chris

With the craftsmanship some of our SMF family have put forth it could be a very interesting TD,
Just a thought....we could make the beer pole (which I'd build) a prize versus the theme. That is of course if the winner wanted a beer pole. If not, we could have options available.

Robert

all the blended liquor's of the world,
Blended liquor? What ever in the world is that? I seem to have some vague and distant memory from when I was 17 about some Canadian blended liquor that I over-imbibed with which to this day has clouded my memory. Single barrel and single malt is all I know.
I plead with you to include all alcohols of the world to your liquor poles throwdown, PLEASE
Oh the sniveling :emoji_laughing: I guess Chris and I can totally reinvent the wheel for you. How about the "Beverage Pole Throwdown"?
I will stand in the corner for the rest of the day.
Be glad Chris isn't making you wear the Dunce cap like he made me wear when I posted my rib TD entry in the forum :emoji_laughing:
liquor pole doesn't have the same ring to it David
We could come up with something really interesting if we tried :emoji_wink:

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky