Win a PRIZE A DAY from A-MAZE-N Smoker for Father's Day!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Since Sunday is my birthday the original plan was a brisket but not having much luck finding one around here for last than 10 bucks a pound. Plan now is either a couple of dry aged ribeyes or a rib roast depending on what I find at the ranch store tomorrow

Congrats guys! I am hoping to still be able to smoke more chicken now that the wife will eat legs. Thank god for smoking

Mini rack of beef short ribs is on the menu.

Picked up a pork belly and have one 3 lb chunk marinating in a maple bourbon marinade.

Another waiting until Sunday to apply a char siu marinade.

All to be smoked on Monday, due to work obligations all weekend.

Last edited:
Still going with spare ribs and pulled pork. But I finally got in the Weber Smokey Joe to build the mini. So if I get it finished might have to break it in Sunday with something.

Maybe some pork tenderloin......... it really depends on time. We are moving my daughter into her college campus this weekend for summer term......

What are you smoking for Father's Day???

Well, I just received a brand new Masterbuilt Electric Smoker that my wife and mother pitched in got for me. It was the one that was on daily deal on Amazon earlier this week. It is my first smoker, so I have a lot to learn but I'm going to preseason it today after I assemble it and do my very first smoke on Father's Day! I think I'm going to try a pork butt or maybe a few racks of ribs. Heck if I get brave enough I might even do both!

Thanks to A-MAZE-N for this giveaway and for the opportunity to win one of their great products. I keep reading that one of their pellet trays is pretty much a must have for my model of smoker. I think I'm going to try a few smokes in "stock config" before I start throwing mods into the mix! 

congrats Dave! Some fellow Michigander posted some baked beans that he smoked... I happen to have two big cans of bush's baked beans kicking around. I figure some hot sauce and some smoke may just take em up a notch or two.

so far:

brisket (picking up this morning from restaurant depot)

some turkey legs I have in brine/cure

mac n cheese

and beans.

wish I was making some pork, as the drippings would be nice for the beans, not too sure the brisket drippings will really work or not (will make the call when I see it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky