Brisket Save

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great!! Love the Fireboards it's pretty much all I use even though I own other things.

Looks great!! Love the Fireboards it's pretty much all I use even though I own other things.
Thanks. Yeah it’s pretty handy. I had been using jt to monitor temps In my double door true fridge and transferred it last nigbt. I have the new model also but the battery doesn’t seem to last as long as the first one.

Reactions: jcam222
Thanks. Yeah it’s pretty handy. I had been using jt to monitor temps In my double door true fridge and transferred it last nigbt. I have the new model also but the battery doesn’t seem to last as long as the first one.
I've got two of the Gen 1s.

Reactions: flatbroke
Wow...overcoming adversity and still producing a fine looking brisket flat! Nicely done.

Curious why the lower temp to start the smoke? Does the Traeger smoke better at 180F?

Wow...overcoming adversity and still producing a fine looking brisket flat! Nicely done.

Curious why the lower temp to start the smoke? Does the Traeger smoke better at 180F?
I like 180 as the temp on my raises to 220-225 and drops to 175 then repeats. My next setting is 220 and that goes up to 250 the. Drops. So the 180 setting allows a longer cook time to break down slowly. Also does help with smoke flavor.

Reactions: uncle eddie
I guess it would have required to much effort to fire jake up. Nice save! Looks delicious! Congratulations on the rotator ride. I’d say folks are fortunate you did this before the weekend competition. Oh and a friend wanted me to ask if you were sipping bud light while watching the pellet smoke?

I guess it would have required to much effort to fire jake up. Nice save! Looks delicious! Congratulations on the rotator ride. I’d say folks are fortunate you did this before the weekend competition. Oh and a friend wanted me to ask if you were sipping bud light while watching the pellet smoke?
Ha. Thanks peachey. I took some stuff out today. to keep Big Jake in the mix.
IMG_9022.jpeg
IMG_9021.jpeg
3 bags of Tri tip ought to keep it right and get back in to Colorado Koolaid territory

I need to do a brisket again some time. I used to have a problem with a GFI plug cutting out on me, bought a new one and fixed the problem the only thing I had trouble with is I had to flip flop the wires from the previous to the new one. Only problem is I have another error code that popped up on my Oklahoma Joe Rider Deluxe and need to figure out what the issue is this time, I swear I have something wrong with it every 3-4 times I fire it up.

Well we only made it to a 3 hr rest. Wife was getting hangry. The flat is super moist, bend is good and tender is spot on View attachment 695420
The smoker ring is pretty good the pictures are not altered
View attachment 695416View attachment 695417View attachment 695418

View attachment 695419

I only sliced a bit off of the end of the point for the wife and I to try. Oh man it’s good. Thanks for looking and hope you have a great weekend.
God help me. Mongo want slice so bad Mongo can smell though computer......

• Haha
I need to do a brisket again some time. I used to have a problem with a GFI plug cutting out on me, bought a new one and fixed the problem the only thing I had trouble with is I had to flip flop the wires from the previous to the new one. Only problem is I have another error code that popped up on my Oklahoma Joe Rider Deluxe and need to figure out what the issue is this time, I swear I have something wrong with it every 3-4 times I fire it up.
I’ve been using this battery back up more and more. Have beef ribs on now and with it no worry about the outlet. I used the Solar panel to charge it also. Pretty slick. Took it to the ranch to trickle charge the battery on my bobcat Im really liking the packs.
IMG_9133.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky