Trying out the A-MAZE-N Expandable Tube Smoker 12 in - 18 in

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I been putting off buying the A-MAZE-N Expandable Tube Smoker 12 in - 18 in for a long time. Kept waiting for a sale which never happens. Wanted it for overnight smokes. Finally bought it. This is my second time using it. That extra 6" is really nice! I used hickory chips and pellets. Put a smaller pork butt on at 5 pm on low smoke on the Rec-Teq and took off at 4 am. Temp was 155. After having a dry one last time I decided to just put in a crock pot on low. Went about 4.5 hours and turned off and let sit one hour. Man is it good! So tender and nice smoke flavor. Have couple cups of juice to make spicy gravy. Why did I wait so long to get this?

I have not been getting Inkbird notifications on my Samsung I bought a few months back. I started missing voicemails on it so just bought a Moto G. What a pain bringing up a new phone but I am getting my notifications now.

IMG_20240227_040954272.jpg IMG_20240227_093118452.jpg

IMG_20240227_093109410.jpg

Looks great nice Job!!!! I think I have 4 or so now ,,, bought some for family members over the yrs as well,,,, Love mine.

Looks great Brian. I've been using that extended Amazen tube a few years as well on long cooks. Works great and gives a lot of flexibility depending on the Smoke.

Looks great Brian, nice job
What did you do with it once cooked, Crusty bun or just on a plate with your spicy gravy ?

:emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

David
Thanks David. I seen the neurologist yesterday finally! Man that was an experience. Now wait another month to get back into the hand doctor. I used my brisket gravy recipe just used the pork broth and bun. This was one of my better pulled pork. As usual I will be giving most of it away. This is my recipe:

Spicy Brown Gravy Sauce
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup warm water
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp ketchup
1 tsp mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 quart of smoked brisket drippings
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
Salt and black pepper to taste

NIcely done Brian.

Point for sure
Chris

Good job, Brian!

I've had the 6-9" tube for a few years now (they still have them at Lowe's), and use it mostly for cold smoking (salt, cheese, fush, etc.), or adding smoke if I'm using the gas grill. I love the expandability of it. I also have an off-brand 12" tube to have for anything longer than four hours.

Thanks
I love the AMAZEN products and you're right, the extra length does make a difference. Looks like it's working well for you
Thanks
BGSDT, Looks great !
Thanks Dave
Looks great nice Job!!!! I think I have 4 or so now ,,, bought some for family members over the yrs as well,,,, Love mine.
Thanks
Nice work Brian. . .
Thanks

👍
Nailed it Brian! I'm overdue for some pulled pork
Thanks Jeff
Looks great Brian. I've been using that extended Amazen tube a few years as well on long cooks. Works great and gives a lot of flexibility depending on the Smoke.
Thanks Mike. This was the best smoke flavor to date! That thing really burns great.
NIcely done Brian.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris
Good job, Brian!

I've had the 6-9" tube for a few years now (they still have them at Lowe's), and use it mostly for cold smoking (salt, cheese, fush, etc.), or adding smoke if I'm using the gas grill. I love the expandability of it. I also have an off-brand 12" tube to have for anything longer than four hours.
Thanks.

Reactions: MJB05615
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky