Firing up The Smoke Tube

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dons2346

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I ran out of propane for the torch I use to light my smoke tube. I had watched a uTube where the guy used a heat gun to light the tube so I gave it a try. It took about the same amount of time to get the tube going and it was a lot easier. Time to retire the torch

I've never had great luck lighting mine with a torch. It always seems to go out on me after a little while. I may give this a try next time I want to cold smoke.

Nah, too much fun using this!
61Oq-4KhEcL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Okay, just an observation. My tube got about 3 hours of smoke. The smoke was much cleaner than pellets, and the sausages got better color. Definitely a win,tomorrow I will use it for the bacon. Looking up ubolt.

Joe
View attachment 683227
I always use a tube in my MES electric to make sure i get enough smoke. typically for P belly for bacon.
light with either a brule' torch or my monster like Steve.

For dust in my maze I use one of these:

1702418145892.png

For pellets I use Map gas

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky