i take pics of my dinner and my wife laughs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

guvna

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Fairfax, VA
it IS kind of weird when i photograph my meat, i'll admit. but my wife thinks it's just hilarious. and she tells other freinds of mine about it in social situations to try to embarass me. i'm not ashamed though. it's about education and a picture is worth a thousand words. you know? i can't be the only one!

Join the club!
icon_lol.gif
You definitely are not alone in having your spouse laugh at you when you take pics of the food. After a while they even get used to it and might actually remind you if you forget.
biggrin.gif

Hah-hah...I used to resemble that statement...they're all used to it around my house now...they know that dinner is not ready until I put the lens cover on! LOL!!!!!!!!

I do share your sentiments.

Keep it thin and blue my friend!

Eric

No Suh!

Mrs. Rivet used to roll her eyes and think I was looney tunes. Now she asks if I need the camera before we eat...........and she still thinks I'm looney tunes!

biggrin.gif

My wife did the same. Now if I dont take a picture she gives me a hard time

same here, but it's all part of the experience, bud ~ it's not just about learning and sharing and all that fun stuff, it's also about making fellow members slobber all over the keyboards and lick the monitors.

finally, it's about pride in a job well-done - nothing wrong with that!

My family used ta be that way to, then I started sayin "no qview, no chow", that broke em a that habit in short order!

I agree, it be pride in makin sumtin most folks will never dream about, or only can!

You know you're attached to the forum when you start taking pics of your food to post! Glad you're a dedicated member to take the time and get the pics for us to see!!!
icon_lol.gif

Same thing here Guvna. People always say 'Why do you take pics of your Q, but they sure like it.

Does a spouse laughing at us come with the membership or is it after the first Qview we send in. Don't care and she really is just kidding (she says) but when we are out at a restuarant and she ask if we need the camera I sometimes want to blacken an eye (just kidding). I don't care but she and the kids like to smell that smoker and the food that comes off of it.

Could it be just a touch of jealousy?! That's what I'm thinking.
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif

My wife did at first, but now she loves the food that I make based on sharing from this site, she takes the pics and crops them/ touches them up for me to post!

Oh yeah, my wife teases me constantly about the pictures. I believe her line was "can't we just eat one damned meal without you having to take pictures of everything."

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky