Pasta Again: Request from my wife

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chris_in_SoCal

Master of the Pit
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 18, 2012
SCV - So Cal
Rema ( my wife ) asked me if I could make some more pasta like I did not to long ago. I said sure thing. I started with the basics.

2023_pasta_2ways_001.jpg

I made some meatballs with onion, red jalapenos, cilantro, and Kinder's seasoning. She wanted spaghetti and I was thinking about fettuccine but both would work. I was making more than normal this time. My first try worked out pretty well so I will make enough to last the week.

4 cups of flour, 5 large eggs, two tablespoons of salt and two tablespoons of EVOO.

2023_pasta_2ways_002.jpg

After my first try at this it was child's play on my second attempt. I felt completely comfortable making the pasta like I have been doing it for years.

2023_pasta_2ways_003.jpg

This made a lot. I went to level 5 for the fettuccine and level 6 for the spaghetti. It all turned out well and will last for a couple weeks.

2023_pasta_2ways_004.jpg

On to the sauce. First I cooked the meatballs and set them aside. Then I started the veg. I got them well cooked before the sauce.

2023_pasta_2ways_005.jpg

That is Paul Neuman's Own Sockarooni. The best store bought pasta sauce hands down. Two bottles was perfect.

2023_pasta_2ways_006.jpg

This was so good and My wife and I both enjoyed what we wanted.

2023_pasta_2ways_007.jpg

Yum...that looks great!!!
I've been making pasta for over 50 years.
I learned from my Sicilian Noni/Grandmother, Mom, Aunts and Uncles. My Noni owned one of the biggest Italian restaurants on San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf. As you can imagine, we don't measure anything, it's all by feel.
Try some Durum and Semolina flour, 2/3rds Durum, 1/3rd Semolina will get you in the ballpark. It gives the pasta much better taste and texture. You can buy it in most grocery stores these days, if not Amazon has it for sure. If you don't feel like mixing two flours try this stuff, it’s awesome stuff.

1690886227273.png

Dan.

Great looking plate Chris!! Very nice meal and even nicer making the wife happy :emoji_wink: That sir is a true win-win situation....plus you get to eat good so let's add a third win to that list :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky