USMC Mom New to SMF

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Atomic Buffalo Turds

12 fresh Jalapeños
8 oz block cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 C finely grated sharp cheddar
1 Tbsp dry onion
1 tsp granulated garlic
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp barbecue rub
1 lb bacon, thin cut

Wearing gloves, cut jalapeños in half, remove stem, seeds, and white ribs. Mix cream cheese, grated cheddar, dry spices, rub, and honey. Fill jalapeño halves with cheese mixture, then wrap each in a slice (or half slice, if using smaller jalapeños) of bacon.

If you have a smoker, smoke at 300F for 30 minutes, or until bacon is golden brown. If not, you can use your grill or oven, cook until bacon is golden brown. Serve and eat!

EDIT: Use your imagination with this... just about anything works as a stuffing! I even used ripe avocodo mixed with the cream cheese...man was that good!

are the BEST!
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

Glad to see that you have gotten "UN-POOFED"
Hope that you are now comfortable with the new MES
These folks are full of endless smoking possibilites as you have witnessed.
icon_lol.gif

Please add my thanks for your son's service to his country.

Take care Trece!

good luck on your bbq, sounds like you have really been bit by the bug!! dont forget to take pics of the food for us.. we love that around here :) give all the troops the thumbs up from another family member of a soldier abroad.

How do you insert pics? I see the link, what it ask's for is a url. If I take a pic it would be a .jpg How do I insert from a file?
Trece

trece, url is a website addy where you have pics like photobucket or my space estc. .jpg-is the type of file your pic is. you can go here http://www.photobucket.com and upload pics, then copy & past the link here in the text or add as an attachment. there are other ways to do it too but my comp. is possessed so i'll let the others explain those options.

Your computer is possessed...................toooooooooooo funny!

Wow, your wife is a Navy Pilot! How cool is that!!!
My son flew with the Blue Angels last week, I wish I had seen that.

Is your BiL going to MCRD or PI?
Trece

Hey Trece, if you want to upload pix directly to this site, here's how:

First, download your pix from your camera to your hard drive.

At the bottom of your post, click the "Manage Attachments" button.

A window will pop up, click the "Browse" button and another window will pop up.

Navigate to the directory where you stored your pictures and double click on the picture.

The window will close and you will see the path to your picture in the "Upload file from your computer" input box.

Click on the "Upload" button next to it. Close that window after the picture uploads

At the bottom of the post window, click the "Submit" button.

Viola, you should now have a post with pictures attached...

You need to make sure your pictures (if they're jpg) are no larger than 97.7K. I use Photoshop, but there are other software applications out there for free.

Hope this helps!
biggrin.gif

he is going to PI and can't wait.
Our last station was in Milton FL and we would take the 'short' drive to Pensacola to see the Blue Angels practice during the week every now and then....much less crowd and every bit as good a show. That's neat your son got to fly w/ them.

Welcome to the forums. I am pretty new here too but I can tell you that EVERYONE here is helpful, friendly and nice.

Please thank your son for his service to our country from me and my family also. My father is USMC retired. He was part of the Presidential Honor Guard (8th & I- I believe they are called.) He actually was in D.C. during the Kennedy administration and marched in Kennedys funeral procession.

Again, welcome.
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif

Trece,

I am Glad you like the recipes... I love to hear good reports
tongue.gif

I stay pretty snowed under most of the time but it never fails when I occasionally pop my head above the water, I wil notice that there are lots of new folks and they are being welcomed like champs! As you have already noticed... this site is GREAT due to its GREAT members and extraordinary staff and we are extremely happy to have you aboard.

Please thank your son for all that he does and keep us informed of your smoking adventures every chance you get.. pics are highly encouraged
icon_smile.gif

Wow, he scored a ride with the Blue Angels. That's a once in a lifetime event
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
My flight instructor at Ft Wolters TX flew with the Air Guard and I flew with him in an F-4 phantom one weekend, then traded out rides with some Jet Jocks in Nam, for some unknown reason they wanted a ride in a helicopter.
PDT_Armataz_01_20.gif

Incase I have missed personally thanking anyone that has posted that is in or has been in the military or family please forgive me and except my thanks! I am amazed at the military presence on SMF. Its humbling.....
Thank You All!

Blackhawk, I was amazed that he flew with the Blue Angels as well. He has a tendencey to sail under a lucky star. I hope that keeps up :)))

Jeff, your recipes were amazing! I hope to learn more and more and with the help of all the folks on this board I'm sure I will.
Thank You!
Trece

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky