New Pit Boss Owner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gatorzilla

Original poster
Mar 25, 2024
Well, I finally pulled the trigger and got a pellet smoker and couldn’t be happier. I got the 1100 pellet smoker/gas grill combo from Lowe’s and after a week long Saga I am thoroughly impressed. After some assembly and delivery damage I finally got a total savings of 55% off the $750 price tag. Now it is in perfect working order with just some very minor cosmetic dings and scratches. The folding shelf on the front was pretty badly bent during delivery so I took it off and went back to Lowe’s and the Service Manager thought my idea to swap with the floor model was fine with him and I ended up getting a brand new shelf. (Not seen in this picture) I can tell I have so much to learn but my first two cooks came out absolutely perfect. On Saturday I did a rack of 3-2-1 St. Louis Ribs and then last night some grilled Chicken Thighs on the pellet grill. Both cooks were the best I’ve ever done. Maybe some beginners luck as the bite on the Ribs was perfect. Came out more competition style texture rather than a fall off the bone tender and let’s be honest, I wasn’t expecting that but thrilled beyond my expectation. Last night’s skin on boneless chicken things were phenomenal. Maybe the best chicken thighs I’ve ever had, period.

Anyway, Thanks for adding me to the group and looking forward to learning so much from y’all.
IMG_6220.jpeg

This is shelf damage that happened during shipping. I will leave it since it adds character.

Attachments

• IMG_6219.jpeg
    IMG_6219.jpeg
    225.2 KB · Views: 4
Congrats on the new grill. I'm sure you will get a lot of good cooks with it.

Welcome to the forum from New Mexico.

Reactions: Gatorzilla
Welcome from Mississippi! Glad you were able to work out something to replace the front shelf. Look forward to more posts and pics.

Jim

Welcome aboard! we have the same unit grazing on the back porch. I fought temp readings with it for about three months. After putting a temp gauge in the lid and laying a probe on the grates, everything has worked in our favor. Good luck with your new unit

Welcome, from Colorado. And congrats on the new cooker. Can't wait to see more great posts.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky