New batch of pickled eggs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
Made a dozen pickled eggs today. Used a basic recipe. I like the ones that are just basic without all the perfume that people add. Pickled eggs are just pickled eggs so don't go over board with all the sht you guys add. Who cares if they are red, yellow or what ever color, in the end they taste the same.
Garlic, carrots and onions added to the eggs. This is all it needs. Added my homemade fermented hot sauce to it but thats my way of making them. And yes I had a few eggs that did not want to give up their shells LOL'
Been doing this for years and still cannot get a clean break from the shells.
And you all thought all I diid was make cutting boards now LOL .... I still need to eat and feed my son with a bottomless pit
1f642.png

20240425_210824.jpg

Pickled eggs....Great

When I boil eggs I add just a tad baking soda (1tsp) have the eggs at room temp then put in the boiling water for 12-15 mins. Put in cold water right after boil and bring them cold, Tap the big end of the egg with the back of the spoon (pop) and the shells peel right down.

Yum, I love those little fart bombs, as my wife calls them, after I eat them.

Me, bombs away!!!!

Or a nice crop dusting through the living room!
I got too many irons in my fire right now....But pickled eggs are in my "gotta try" list.

Jim

Reactions: KBFlyer
Pickled eggs....Great

When I boil eggs I add just a tad baking soda (1tsp) have the eggs at room temp then put in the boiling water for 12-15 mins. Put in cold water right after boil and bring them cold, Tap the big end of the egg with the back of the spoon (pop) and the shells peel right down.
Pretty much what I do but I still get one or two stuburn ones.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky