Smoked pickled eggs and sausage.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLinza

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 24, 2021
Colorado
This was the recipe I used then, adjusted to fit my container. ( so don't take my measurements to seriously. Adjust to your liking.) And then added a few ingredients of my own.
Brine:
4 cups of water
4 cups distilled white vinegar
2 tablespoons pickling spice
a few fresh dill sprigs
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- smoked sausage, I used a kielbasa
- sliced white onion
- peppercorns
- fresh jalapeños (sliced)
- 1 tbls minced garlic
- crushed red pepper flakes
- a dash or so of tumeric for color
Eggs: I placed raw eggs on the smoker at 225 for 1.5 to 2 hours and then went to an ice bath and peeled.
23537 (1).jpeg

23628.jpeg

And then this is what I got at the end...
23532.jpeg

Leave them in the refrigerator for 7 days or until you can't wait anymore lol. This was a test run, may change a few things next time. Not sure what yet.

Last edited:
Do you get any smoke flaver with the shells on? I have always smoked them hard boiled and peeled.

Reactions: JLinza
Nicely done, will definitely give this a go! My Grandpa used to do these… and I enjoyed the hell out of them as a kid… Sadly no one else other than me was interested in the process… which I done with him a few times… but being a kid… never jotted down the recipe! I kick myself for not doing that now! Sorry, I get long winded at times… will be trying this soon as we have a lot of eggs from our hens!

Now that sounds like a good combo along with a cold one… Nicole and kids might hate me for a while… but I’d be happy! 🤣

Eric, maybe we could rent a place for a weekend and indulge ourselves! 😉🤣
Well that’s one of the advantages of being newly single And living with a 16/yr old boy…we can stink each other out and no one to complain! And I want in on the renting of a place!

Jim

Well that’s one of the advantages of being newly single And living with a 16/yr old boy…we can stink each other out and no one to complain! And I want in on the renting of a place!

Jim

Oh, of coarse your in bud! You know you always have an open invite… 👍

Reactions: JLeonard

Jim
Not newly single but my son had anough of his mother about 6 months ago and moved back home so I can relate. He is 20 and when I am out of beer his tastes just as good as mine did lol

• Haha
Pickle the sausage along with the eggs?
looks good! Might be worth a try.

Jim
I found the pickle to be just a little to strong for sausage. Seems it collects better in meat from my experiece so may cut back on the vinagar or your mouth might be puckering up more then you like. :)

found the pickle to be just a little to strong for sausage. Seems it collects better in meat from my experiece so may cut back on the vinagar or your mouth might be puckering up more then you like. :)
This one didn't seem to be to bad, but I could definitely see how that could happen. Thanks for the advice.

Pickle the sausage along with the eggs?
looks good! Might be worth a try.
I saw that in a recipe a while back and thought I'd give it a try. This batch is pretty good, but I'm always searching for that perfect recipe lol

Nicely done, will definitely give this a go! My Grandpa used to do these… and I enjoyed the hell out of them as a kid… Sadly no one else other than me was interested in the process… which I done with him a few times… but being a kid… never jotted down the recipe! I kick myself for not doing that now!
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. So many recipes lost in the wind from when I was a kid. " if I knew then, what I know now".

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky