EGGS AND HEAVY CREAM RECIPE BRATWURST SMOKED?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

frankie007

Original poster
Mar 11, 2024
I made bratwurst with heavy cream and eggs before but was wandering can you add pink salt to the mix and hot smoke them? Has anyone of you good people tried it?
I think I might give it a go....

I was adding cure to my brats . Problem I ran into was people thinking they weren't done , and not used to the color .
Pretzel wrapped cured Bratwurst with white cheddar cheese . Fully cooked wrapped and baked .

20200125_180148.jpg
20200125_191046.jpg
Give it a shot . It's a good sausage .

I made bratwurst with heavy cream and eggs before but was wandering can you add pink salt to the mix and hot smoke them? Has anyone of you good people tried it?
Adding cure #1 is always an option with any sausage. However if you are hot smoking and follow the 40-140F for IT rule you don’t have to. You can make them as fresh sausage, but not much downside in adding cure 1 either.

I think brats with egg/cream are best enjoyed as a milder fresh sausage but as was said yes you can add cure and smoke. Great points made already on color and no need to cure to smoke but my point is that you are basically making kielbasa rather than a brat . I am pretty sure most generic termed "smoked sausage" is some sort of brat.

Reactions: frankie007
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky