Another 2 fried rice dishes 1 with chicken 1 with spam

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dr rat

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Nov 27, 2011
Threw together a fast chicken fried rice simple easy and delicious. Chicken, peas, carrots, corn, eggs, rice, with oyster sauce, soy sauce, a little garlic and sesame seed oil. Next time maybe when the wife’s not home I’m gonna make a batch with spam or may surprise her with it and see what she thinks.

Went ahead and made the spam version. Had all of the above plus added water chestnuts, mushrooms, mixed vegetables and baby corn.
1901C198-944A-46CC-830D-DA32C0F8827D.jpeg
D084BE92-6BA2-4DCC-88E2-52C4F324C5F9.jpeg
AF78935E-BBF7-4FF1-AF04-35D4227776FC.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks great, love the frozen mixed veggies myself.
I haven't made fried rice since the kids flew the coop.
Griddle sounds great to move the food around to cooler places as a flat wok.

Reactions: dr rat
Looks great, love the frozen mixed veggies myself.
I haven't made fried rice since the kids flew the coop.
Griddle sounds great to move the food around to cooler places as a flat wok.
Thank you
Used mixed vegetables in the 2nd batch
Love working on the griddle
Mike

Looks great! Always wanted to try it with Spam. Do you need to scale back the soy due the saltiness of the Spam?

Threw together a fast chicken fried rice simple easy and delicious. Chicken, peas, carrots, corn, eggs, rice, with oyster sauce, soy sauce, a little garlic and sesame seed oil. Next time maybe when the wife’s not home I’m gonna make a batch with spam or may surprise her with it and see what she thinks.

Went ahead and made the spam version. Had all of the above plus added water chestnuts, mushrooms, mixed vegetables and baby corn.View attachment 692564View attachment 692565View attachment 692566

Now that looks mighty tasty! Makes me want to drag out the Wok and stir fry something for supper!

Red

Looks great! Always wanted to try it with Spam. Do you need to scale back the soy due the saltiness of the Spam?
Thank you
I was worried about that to so I used low sodium spam and went and bought low sodium soy sauce. With all the other ingredients that I used it wasn’t overly salty to me I probably could've used a little bit more soy or oyster sauce. I went kind of easy on sauces worried about the Salt probably could get away with regular spam if I make a big batch like that.
Also learned that it would be easier to cube up all your spam prior to throwing it on the grill I thought if I sliced it like that and then chopped it would work good but once it got hot it was hard to cut so next time I will cut it into cubes prior to throwing it on.
Mike

Reactions: zwiller
Looks awesome! I've never had it with Spam but I'm a fan so I'm sure would love it.
Thank you
I like spam so wanted to try it wife isn’t really a fan of spam she ate the leftover chicken and a little bit of the spam mixture but ended up taking some for lunch today so I’m assuming she liked it more than she’ll let on lol

Now that looks mighty tasty! Makes me want to drag out the Wok and stir fry something for supper!

Red
Thanks
I just made the chicken fried the other day hadn’t had it in a while had the craving so I made the other batch even bigger so I’ll have leftovers for a couple days wife’s already asking what we’re doing next so I think because of zwiller I’ll be doing shrimp probably this weekend lol
Mike

Reactions: zwiller and jcam222
Looks great I love those little corn cobs wife don’t so I get hers when we eat out 🤣

Thank you
I was worried about that to so I used low sodium spam and went and bought low sodium soy sauce. With all the other ingredients that I used it wasn’t overly salty to me I probably could've used a little bit more soy or oyster sauce. I went kind of easy on sauces worried about the Salt probably could get away with regular spam if I make a big batch like that.
Also learned that it would be easier to cube up all your spam prior to throwing it on the grill I thought if I sliced it like that and then chopped it would work good but once it got hot it was hard to cut so next time I will cut it into cubes prior to throwing it on.
Mike
Never even thought about using low sodium stuff, good call. Yeah might not be necessary but best to err on the side of caution. Not sure if saw it in my thread but really like what white pepper adds to my fried rice.

If you are worried about salt or just plain trying to control (limit) use Coconut Secret Coconut Aminoes. It is much lower salt than soy sauce (tamari) and does add a great umami.
Don't use the Bragg aminoes. That has twice the sodium as soy sauce.

Never even thought about using low sodium stuff, good call. Yeah might not be necessary but best to err on the side of caution. Not sure if saw it in my thread but really like what white pepper adds to my fried rice.
Thanks for the tip I have white salt in my cart next time I order for pick up I will give it a try thank you

Ill take 2 number 1's and 2 number 2's!
Order is ready I’ll get that sent right out
Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Buckeyedude
I love stir-fried rice even though I've only attempted to make it once. I forgot the egg bummer. Yours looks fabulous drR.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris
Easy to make and we sure like it it.
Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky