Asian meatball soup.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Morning all.
Since I did Asian jerky. I thought soup with an Asian flair is the ticket.
For the meatballs.
One egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp fresh ginger minced
1 TBS soy sauce
1 tsp roasted sesame oil
1 pound ground sausage. I used bulk country style.
Mix and form into small balls.
Put on a greased foil lined cooking sheet or pan.
Place in a 400 preheated oven for 15 minutes. IT should be around 150.
IMG_20231124_130522240_HDR.jpg
For the soup.

1 TBS vegetable oil
1 TBS roasted sesame oil
Stupid amount of mushrooms. I used portabella, straw, cremini, king oyster, and shakti.
2 tsp ginger minced
4 quarts chicken broth
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
2 TBS Chili Garlic Sauce
7 baby bok choy. Root removed. Roughly chopped and rinsed.
Bibigo Mini Wontons. Love this brand. Used 1/2 the bag.
Green onions

IMG_20231124_142329850 (1).jpg

Heat vegetable oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add sesame oil and mushrooms and saute for 5-7 minutes. Add ginger and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add broth, soy sauce and chili garlic sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat, them reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add frozen wontons. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Add chopped bok choy. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Add green onions.
Adjust taste with more vinegar and/or soy sauce if you wish.
Bowl and enjoy!

IMG_20231124_162409594.jpg

Last edited:
My goodness . I'd be all over that . Supposed to be nasty on Sunday , this might be the ticket .
Really nice Steve .

Fantastic soup Steve, thanks for the how to do. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_yum:

I love Asian soups, Really love a big bowl of Hot and Sour, when we go out for a big feed I always start with a big bowl.

Once in Chinatown in Victoria BC, my buddy that lives out there took me to a little shop.
And he ordered a pot of if I remember right " War Soup " We it was about 5 big bowls worth .
None of the places around here sell it and they don't know what I am asking for .

I will have to try your recipe this winter , when it gets even colder then this week end lol

David

I love Asian soups, Really love a big bowl of Hot and Sour, when we go out for a big feed I always start with a big bowl.

Once in Chinatown in Victoria BC, my buddy that lives out there took me to a little shop.
And he ordered a pot of if I remember right " War Soup " We it was about 5 big bowls worth .
None of the places around here sell it and they don't know what I am asking for .

I will have to try your recipe this winter , when it gets even colder then this week end lol

David
Thanks David! My initial thought was hot and sour soup. But went with this. Glad I did!

Reactions: DRKsmoking

David

• Love
Reactions: DRKsmoking

That's it Jeff, I was thinking war as in battle, and maybe the shops around here know it by the other name.

Great article and I printed off the recipe. Thank You

I don't remember the shrimp but I could have just passed them of to my buddy

Thank's again

David

Reactions: jcam222
Way to many schrooms for me Steve, but my wife would be into that BIG TIME!!!

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky