Re The Eclipse - Add your pics and experience here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Only had maybe 60% here, I personally think it was less. However we did see a real nice halo around the sun.

IMG_1983.jpeg

Reactions: seenred
In the 100% path. But we were also 100% overcast. Didn't see anything other than it getting dark for a few minutes.

Reactions: JLeonard
Well it was not like Carly Simon sang about so many years ago.

So I hope no one flew their Lier Jet to Nova Scotia to see the total eclipse of the sun . It was barely dark here this time ,
but it was in very close by. Just a 3 hour drive, so stayed home and did the back brakes on the truck.

Some one sent me a picture of the eclipse , that I can not post here , it was very funny. Don't want to get yelled at like Ray sawhorseray sawhorseray did and sent to the joke forum.

David

99.8% at my house but 10 miles away was 100%, I stayed home.. Traffic was backed up for hours and hours all through northern NH.

Here in NE Oklahoma we were at about 96% totality. This was the closest I've ever seen to 100%...and I may not still be around in 2045 when the next one happens...

Took this shot from my back patio.

SE1.jpg

Didn't really get dark...more of an eerie twilight. But it was very cool!

Red

Was 100% here. Pics do not do it justice and pretty intense looking in real life. GORGEOUS day, sun was out and like mid 70's. Little by little as the moon did it's thing it got noticeable colder. In addition, wildlife and pets got super quiet. Color of the sun as it happened went very cold too. All was very eerie. I can totally see how people would be freaked out in the days before it was understood. Even with that understanding, it's unnerving to be reminded we're just spinning around on some rock.

Was 100% here. Pics do not do it justice and pretty intense looking in real life. GORGEOUS day, sun was out and like mid 70's. Little by little as the moon did it's thing it got noticeable colder. In addition, wildlife and pets got super quiet. Color of the sun as it happened went very cold too. All was very eerie. I can totally see how people would be freaked out in the days before it was understood. Even with that understanding, it's unnerving to be reminded we're just spinning around on some rock.
How was the traffic in your area

100% in Garland, albeit cloudy.
IMG_0343.jpeg

As others said, pics (and my inept photo skills) didn’t do justice.
Got night-dark, streetlights came on and the cat was furious, thought she’d missed dinner.

We were in the 100% and as much as I dont care about anything...it was really cool to experience! Temps dropped, it was bright out yet a eerie twilight was going on at the same time, then boom crazy dark! Someone south of me was lighting off fireworks during the darkness and that really struck me humorous. It was really cool seeing the comet during the total eclypse!
The whole darkness thing did freaked our Belgium Malinois out a bit though!

How was the traffic in your area
Not as bad as expected downtown but did see some pretty nasty traffic reports of folks trying to get here. Whole day was sorta backwards for me. Expected to see and hear lots of stuff but instead was calmer and quieter/surreal. Buckeyedude Buckeyedude yeah we had some fireworks and we laughed too but didn't go over that well. Seems like the whole thing felt more profound than we all expected.

Found another pic, if you know, you know!

Disclaimer, I'm not trying to make light of an awesome event such as this, I'm just "shedding light" on a opportunity to make people smile!
FB_IMG_1712712662867.jpg

Reactions: Colin1230
That's always fun. My biggest problem with brakes is I can't handle the weight of the tire/wheel combos as easily as I could 20 years ago, even 5 years ago. Tough getting old...

I noticed that also Charles. I think they are using a lot HEAVIER air in the tires now then before. :emoji_wink:
It is more of a struggle getting the big tire/wheel back on when done playing with the brake pads.

David

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky