Re The Eclipse - Add your pics and experience here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well it was not like Carly Simon sang about so many years ago.

So I hope no one flew their Lier Jet to Nova Scotia to see the total eclipse of the sun . It was barely dark here this time ,
but it was in very close by. Just a 3 hour drive, so stayed home and did the back brakes on the truck.

Some one sent me a picture of the eclipse , that I can not post here , it was very funny. Don't want to get yelled at like Ray @sawhorseray did and sent to the joke forum.

David
I think I know exactly what kinda picture you're talking about :emoji_laughing:

Reactions: DRKsmoking
The total eclipse drama:

I really wished tourists would have seen my face. It would have been life changing.
IMG_0702.jpeg

Late trip report, as I don't post trip plans to social media until after I'm home.

We planned to drive to upstate NY. The forecast wasn't great, but it looked like the best odds were to get as far east as we had time for, on the southern shore of Lake Ontario. We ended up at the delightful town of Sodus Bay. In town we enjoyed a brewed-just-for-the-occasion black lager called Totality, then set up at a primo spot right on the beach. But, the overcast arrived well before the eclipse. We saw nothing of the sun, though of course it got much darker for 3 1/2 minutes.

We hedged our bets by spending the day before in Ithaca; I'd not had a chance to wander around my alma mater for 20 years, then the day after we had planned a trip to Niagara Falls--my wife had never been there.

So the trip worked out ok, but if I were to post my best eclipse photo, it might be this, taken under blue skies the next day:

IMG_4381.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky