Hello from down under.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Patto downunder

Original poster
Jan 12, 2024
I have just joined this forum and am looking forward to reading all about offset smoking and cooking. I have ordered a Hark Chubby offset smoker, which should arrive in about 3 weeks. We live in far north Queensland (Australia) now, since moving here after retirement. I have owned a pellet smoker previously but am looking forward to the new offset smoker. Take care everybody and happy smoking :emoji_grinning:

Hi, and welcome from Iowa! Glad you joined us... and hope it's warm there! Lots of friendly, knowledgeable people here so any questions just ask away!

Ryan

Reactions: JLeonard
I have just joined this forum and am looking forward to reading all about offset smoking and cooking. I have ordered a Hark Chubby offset smoker, which should arrive in about 3 weeks. We live in far north Queensland (Australia) now, since moving here after retirement. I have owned a pellet smoker previously but am looking forward to the new offset smoker. Take care everybody and happy smoking :emoji_grinning:
Thanks Ryan,

I'm looking forward to a new experience. We live in the tropics in far northern Australia. Yes, it is hot, humid and a recent tropical cyclone (a hurricane in the USA I think ) take care

Welcome! Looks like a really nice smoker you ordered… Congrats! Hoping to see some pics of your cooks!
I have always wanted to visit Australia…

Welcome! Looks like a really nice smoker you ordered… Congrats! Hoping to see some pics of your cooks!
I have always wanted to visit Australia…
G'day there

I am hoping it is a good one. It has great reviews.

Australia is an amazing place to live and visit. We live in the tropics, in far north Queensland.

Just got to watch out for the critters here :emoji_wink::emoji_sunglasses:

Welcome from Nova Scotia

I also have always wanted to go to Australia ever since I did a school project on the Great Barrier Reef. ( that was about 100 years ago ) lol.
Still on my bucket list.
So welcome and enjoy the new smoker, and post up what you can when you can , so we can enjoy from afar.

David

Reactions: Patto downunder
Greetings Patto, welcome to the community from New Mexico, USA.
Looking forward to seeing some pics of your new smoker when you get it and some cooks.

Reactions: Patto downunder
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky