New cutie in the house.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks everyone. She is a little handful. She has really stuck to me already. The only downside it our 5YO Golden Retriever want's nothing to do with her so far. HE has growled at her a couple times when she gets near him so it's going to take some time to get him use to having her around.

Training I am fine with, it's getting woken up 5 or 6 times a night that is no fun.
HAHAHA! I can certainly relate to that. Went through the same couple years ago and now they are inseparable. Give it time. The joy I get from them is priceless.

HE has growled at her a couple times when she gets near him so it's going to take some time to get him use to having her around.
As it should be . Let them work it out . He's already started her training without you . That's the fastest way for the new pup to learn her position in the " pack ". Follow his lead , but step in where needed .

My wife's 50th is less than 3 weeks away and I have been looking for months. Around here stores cannot sell dogs and home breeding is illegal in LA county. That said most breeds are hard to find. Our pounds only have chihuahuas and pit bulls. My wife has wanted another Cocker Spaniel since we lost our last one a few years ago. Last night I went to one of my old bookmarks and a new litter was up. I gave her a call and they were ready to go. 1 1/2 hours later we were there and picked her up. Then 1 1/2 hours home.

Emma 9 weeks old

View attachment 680767

View attachment 680768

She is tiny!

View attachment 680769

View attachment 680770
She is gorgeous!

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
It has only been a week and this little girl has a cuteness level of 10 and is learning very fast. She has watched me play fetch with my golden over the last week and now she fetches a tennis ball like a pro. I roll it across the floor and she gets it and brings it back to me every time like a pro.

It looks way too big for her to pick up but with her razor sharp teeth she easily picks it up and brings it right to me. She is a daddy's girl for sure.

We are now trying to crate train her which isn't easy. The little girl can whine and howl way louder than she should for her size. It is slowly getting better.

Potty training as not going so well so far. We have pee pads which she will use if on one but otherwise just goes where she is. It has been raining here so outside training will have to wait.

The best thing is the kissies she gives when I have been out of the house for a while. I have to get down to her level but she rushes me with them to say I missed you.

Reactions: JLeonard
We crate trained our lab and are still attempting to with our 2 year old beagle, it’s like having another kid imo, lab is 9.5 years old and is in old age like us lol

My wife's 50th is less than 3 weeks away and I have been looking for months. Around here stores cannot sell dogs and home breeding is illegal in LA county. That said most breeds are hard to find. Our pounds only have chihuahuas and pit bulls. My wife has wanted another Cocker Spaniel since we lost our last one a few years ago. Last night I went to one of my old bookmarks and a new litter was up. I gave her a call and they were ready to go. 1 1/2 hours later we were there and picked her up. Then 1 1/2 hours home.

Emma 9 weeks old

View attachment 680767

View attachment 680768

She is tiny!

View attachment 680769

View attachment 680770
Good Lord.... those eyes.

It's getting better. He is tolerating her being near him and steps back when she runs and jumps on his toys.

emma_0005.jpg

It has been raining here so outside training will have to wait.
Our Cocker, Bailey, doesn't like his feet to get wet, our vet said that was a characteristic of Cockers. If it's wet or raining, he'll run out, quickly do his business, and run back in. Our Springer/Boykin mix, Lucy, loves the rain and will stay out until I make her come back in soaking wet and it doesn't matter how nasty it is outside.

1700477246049.png

Our son has 2 Goldens and a characteristic they have is sitting or laying down with their front paws crossed.

Beautiful family you got there, Chris...

Give them time and they will probably be playing and snuggling together!

Our Cocker, Bailey, doesn't like his feet to get wet, our vet said that was a characteristic of Cockers. If it's wet or raining, he'll run out, quickly do his business, and run back in. Our Springer/Boykin mix, Lucy, loves the rain and will stay out until I make her come back in soaking wet and it doesn't matter how nasty it is outside.

View attachment 681470
Our son has 2 Goldens and a characteristic they have is sitting or laying down with their front paws crossed.

Beautiful family you got there, Chris...
Our daughters rescue dog is a cross between a great dane and boxer I think... her name is Lady, and anytime she lays down she crosses her legs... so darn cute!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky