Smoked Chicken meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks fantastic!
Sam , it's good . The actually recipe had some kind of brown sugar glaze on it . I bet fried up it would make good Salisbury steak . Thanks bud .
Yes, looks great. I'm trying to eat mere chicken, not really a fan. I have been making meatloaf with 1/2 the meat as ground chicken and it comes out very good. I'll have to give just chicken a go, this looks awesome, thanks.
Try it . You're buying the chicken ground ? Make sure you get the dark meat grind .
Use the oats . Quick oats or old fashioned . If you use the old fashioned chop them up some .
Thanks for the comments .
That looks awesome Rich.
Thanks Norm .
Been binging ATK the last couple of nights. Wasn't that a recipe Brigette Lancaster did?
This was 2 of the other gals . Julia and Becky . It was actually turkey .
A perfect plate and a well explained recipe, nice work!
Thanks Ray . Be great for meatballs .
I got that exact same grinder for Xmas this year, old one got too heavy for me to be lifting. Used only one time, I had to take a rubber mallet to the lever that locks the throat in place. RAY
Hmmm . Mine's been a solid workhorse . Makes sure all the plates are seated and the collar is tight . If it's in a bind after grinding , run it in reverse first .

Reactions: sawhorseray
Reactions: indaswamp
Looking good man. :emoji_thumbsup: I have noticed yeast as an ingredient in many things that have a umami that's hard to pin down. I can definitely see it giving a "certain something" to it.

Reactions: chopsaw
Rich, I'm late to the party, but that looks delicious, and add the Gravy and the rest, and you've made an excellent meal. As said above, I've never thought of Chicken for Meatloaf. It makes sense. Congrats on the ride too.

Very nice thread and how to…
Thanks for the comment . Give it a try .
for safety please keep all hands and feet inside the ride at all times…
Yup . Been slung around in enough 60' snorkels bouncing off steel beams . Only takes once to have your hand on the rail smashed into some iron .
That looks righteous. I love gravy that color... chicken or turkey. I would eat that whole loaf and have zero regrets.
It's one that's hard to stop eating . Thanks for the comment .
Had me at chicken meatloaf ,
Thanks for lookin' David .
This I will have to look into.
I saw another member using it in sausage , so I grabbed some at the store . I've used it in soup and this so far . Still figuring out how much . I got it in the whole foods isle at a regular grocery store .This is what I have .
20240309_062533.jpg
Thats some nice looking chicken chop!
Thanks . I need to find me a mold so it looks like a chicken . Lol .

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looking good man. :emoji_thumbsup: I have noticed yeast as an ingredient in many things that have a umami that's hard to pin down. I can definitely see it giving a "certain something" to it.
Thanks . Just might be what heals ya ! The yeast is interesting . Hard to say it's even in there , just seams to wake stuff up .
I love that idea, Rich!!
Thanks Charles .
that looks delicious,
Thanks Mike .
Love the idea, and love how great it turned out! Nicely done Rich!
Thank you sir . Appreciate the comments .

Hmmmmm.......I'm thinking Turkey meatloaf fatty for the big T-Day.......

Ok now that could work!!!
Yup . Spin up some dry stove top stuffing in the food processor and use that in place of the oats .
Dried cranberries and and a dry gravy mix packet . Adjust the salt .

Wow! That plate has me written all over it! I never would have thought of chicken meat loaf either, but you nailed it! Love your sons eating habits... might have done the same thing a time or two!

Ryan

It's surprising how good it is . Think I'll do it as meatballs next .
Sounds great Rich. Let us know how they turn out. I like chicken burgers or meatballs every once in a while.

Here's another idea I think you might like. They're normally deep fried, but I've adopted them for the kettle.

Chicken balls.

Chris

Damn that's looking! Love a meatloaf but for some strange reason never made it with chicken. Thanks for sharing. Now I GOT to make this. It's at the top of the list for supper this weekend. Thanks again for the inspiration.

Damn that's looking! Love a meatloaf but for some strange reason never made it with chicken. Thanks for sharing. Now I GOT to make this. It's at the top of the list for supper this weekend. Thanks again for the inspiration.
Thanks for the comments . Give it a try . A whole chicken and some of the skin works great . The added bacon helps the fat as well . If you use all thighs with the skin that would work too , but I think the whole chicken is the way to go .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky