State Fair yardbird.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
No build shots. Marinaded for two days and grilled. Added a simple mac salad.
Marinade:
2 pounds of boneless/skinless thighs. And had them soaking in the cornell sauce.
1 cup vegetable oil.
1 egg
2 cups apple cider vinegar
2 tbs salt
2 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp pepper.
Put in a bowl or large measuring cup. And mix well. You want the sauce to become white.
I use my boat motor.
Put in large zip lock bag and put in fridge for at least 24 hours.

IMG_20240305_182056584.jpg

Figured I'd better post up something. It's been awhile!

You are making me Hungry today!!
Lol! Sorry!

Looks great, Steve! How about that Mac salad recipe?
Thanks! Sure can!
orig_homemade-suddenly-salad-2016042216561324464216cpp.jpg

Lol! I just add more bacon. And a 1/4 cup mayo. And a 1/4 cup sour cream. Instead of just 1/2 cup of mayo.

Dang Steve looks good. I know the smell of that when grilling is intoxicating
Thanks Jeff! I know. The smell is hard to resist!

Yup that would work for me Steve!
Thanks!

Mmmmmm. I’m a big fan of Cornell chicken. That looks excellent.
Thank you! This came out great even though I overloaded the weber.

Been longer that that for me, nothing new but jokes. Where's the green veggies? Did you make a salad? You wanna get vitamin shots when you grow up? Geez! RAY
Thanks Ray! Look closely. There are peas in the salad!!

HMMMM.......Now that looks good. Thats something I havent tried yet is the cornell chicken.. May give that a swing next week. And aint nothing wrong with the box salad mix. I use it and dress it up also. Same with the boxed mac and cheese.

Jim

Reactions: mike243
If I was just wanting to do a couple of chicken breast how much would I need to reduce this recipe? Bryce is on spring break week and staying a few days with my folks. So I'm batching it and this looks darn good.

Jim

HMMMM.......Now that looks good. Thats something I havent tried yet is the cornell chicken.. May give that a swing next week. And aint nothing wrong with the box salad mix. I use it and dress it up also. Same with the boxed mac and cheese.

Jim
Thanks Jim!

If I was just wanting to do a couple of chicken breast how much would I need to reduce this recipe? Bryce is on spring break week and staying a few days with my folks. So I'm batching it and this looks darn good.

Jim
I would say by half should do the trick.

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky