Chicken Parm

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
OFallon Mo.
Never had chicken parm before . sawhorseray sawhorseray Ray showed me how he does it , and inspired me to make some tonight . Used the mid 60's Revere ware skillet I got at the Goodwill . That thing is the best pan I've ever used for doing this .
Right to the point ,
Pounded out a couple chicken breast . Floured them up , and let them sit 30 minutes or so .
Egg and water wash , then into Panko bread crumbs .
Regular Crisco in the pan .
20240218_180635.jpg
Brown and flip . Presentation side is all you really need . Don't over cook them by waiting for the second side to color up .
20240218_181014.jpg
Pulled out of the pan at an IT of 135 .
2 TBL. of red sauce . Shredded parm , then shredded motz .
On a foil lined sheet pan and into an oven preheated to 400 .
When the IT was 162 , I went under the broiler to brown the cheese .
Pretty darn good . Chicken was super tender and not dry at all .
Be doing this again soon . Side of Bucatini ( spaghetti with a whole through the middle )
Nice chew on the pasta .
20240218_183322.jpg

Man that looks good right now. I picked up some chicken earlier tonight. I might just have to make that. We have three more days of rain so the outdoor cooking is out.

Reactions: chopsaw
Nice job! I'll take a chicken parm with a side of chicken parm please!

Ryan

I say... "Molto bene".
" Mucha Bier " back at ya . Thanks for lookin'
Looks great Rich. Especially for the first try.
Thanks Mike . Standard technique , just never did the sauce and cheese on it before . I normally fry it up with garlic parm on the pasta .
Awesome Rich!
Changed my race plans at the last minute . A lot warmer inside .
Thanks for the comment .
I might just have to make that. We have three more days of rain so the outdoor cooking is out.
Main reason I did it . Gonna start warming up this week .
Post it up when you do .
Looks good. I might be putting that on the menu for tonight!
Pound it out thin . I normally rip the breast over the length if they're thick . These were thin enough , and pounded out nice .

I have never made chicken Parm. But I am feeling inspired now.

that plate looks fabulous!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky