State Fair yardbird.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's some good looking chicken Steve, and we do the Suddenly Salad thing also. We add quartered cucumber slices and tomatoes to it.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks great Steve , nice roasted chicken

Man its 11:35 pm here and after looking at your stick meal and now your chicken .... I am starved.

Thanks Steve

David
Thanks David!

That's some good looking chicken Steve, and we do the Suddenly Salad thing also. We add quartered cucumber slices and tomatoes to it.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! We add a cucumber from time to time as well. Black olives as well.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
No build shots.
None needed, Steve! That plate speaks for itself, outstanding!
And had them soaking in the cornell sauce.
We love the Cornell chicken recipe you posted...
...but seem to have forgotten about it. Thanks for jogging my memory. What's even more sad is that I cooked B/S thighs night before last and this would've been MUCH better than just frying them. All is not lost, though, I have another pack of the thighs in my freezer...😉

Reactions: Steve H
I haven't tried it, but that seems like 2 cups of ACV to 1 cup of mayo with a couple of tsps of poultry seasoning. Does the ACV over power it? Is it a regional taste profile thing?

I haven't tried it, but that seems like 2 cups of ACV to 1 cup of mayo with a couple of tsps of poultry seasoning. Does the ACV over power it? Is it a regional taste profile thing?
The vinegar does not overpower at all. I don't even notice a vinegar taste. It's damn good. Just a good simple grilled chicken marinade. I think I read it originated in the 50s or 60s at Cornell University. So that's the name. Similar to the bbq chicken fundraisers I grew up with here in GA but without sauce. Leg quarter, beans, slaw, and a roll. Churches and ball teams ect still do them here.

Nope. It doesn't at all.

The vinegar does not overpower at all. I don't even notice a vinegar taste. It's damn good. Just a good simple grilled chicken marinade. I think I read it originated in the 50s or 60s at Cornell University. So that's the name. Similar to the bbq chicken fundraisers I grew up with here in GA but without sauce. Leg quarter, beans, slaw, and a roll. Churches and ball teams ect still do them here.
I've marinated the bird for three days before. And only then had a very slight taste of vinegar. Still darn good.

Probably some science there that I'm missing. I'll have to give it a try.
It started in upstate NY in 1950. You can't go to a carnival, festival, fireman field days, or bbq's set up in church parking lots around here without seeing. Or rather smelling them from a mile away.

To it got a little over powering with some boneless skinless thighs that I marinated for a day.
I think it's awesome as a mop sauce over a open fire.

It looks great, I looked at the receipe and will bet ya need to do egzackly like it sez or it will change the taste, wife made banana bread 1 time without following directions, no flavor, found out the ingredients have to be mixed together in a certain order. aint chemistry funny? :emoji_grinning:

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky