Smoked Chicken Cordon Bleu with Sweet Lemon Rice and Cool Ranch Cukes ( Cheese ,mustard ,sour cream sauce )

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yup, with the ham and swiss, and a little brown mustard.
Then wrap with bacon.

I was going to wrap in bacon on another day , this day was to try the shake and bake idea from Chris.

And with your brown mustard gives me an idea, I could put my " Mustard Seed Caviar " inside the chicken also, that would be a big flavour burst.

David

That looks perfect, Good tip with browning the Panko. Does wrapping in the plastic wrap and letting them rest help with keeping them from wanting to unroll while cooking?

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That looks perfect, Good tip with browning the Panko. Does wrapping in the plastic wrap and letting them rest help with keeping them from wanting to unroll while cooking?

Thanks Joe for the comment

It was a very good meal, and yes that is another tip from gmc2003 gmc2003 , Chris.
And it made them keep their shape in my opinion , they did not flatten out or open up, and I did put the rolling seem down on the rack after the breading

The browning of the crumbs, I saw on a Cowboy Kent video and that is where I also added my spice profile

David

Reactions: Newglide
Smoked Chicken Cordon Bleu with Sweet Lemon Rice and Cool Ranch Cukes ( Cheese ,mustard ,sour cream sauce )

Sundays supper
Wanted to do this , after seeing Chris gmc2003 gmc2003 do his, So I mostly did the chicken like he did ( love the hints he gave ) just a little changes for mine tonight.
Bought some whole chickens the other day at a great price and pieced them out , gave me lots of breasts at a great price compared to buying just breasts.

So butterflied the breasts, pounded them out to 1/4" and into pickle juice for 6 hours. Then dried off lay on plastic wrap add sliced ham and Swiss cheese. Roll tight and twist the ends and back in fridge for a few hours. ( that whole process was from Chris, the plastic wrap and twist , soak in whatever etc )

View attachment 680396 View attachment 680397 View attachment 680398

Now here is a new way for me with the Panko , I toasted them in the CI with spices to get a better brown and crunch, compaired to what I normally did. Added a little canola spray also.

Let that cool before putting into a bag to do like shake and bake ( Chris ). I did not use flour this time either, just the egg and than bread crumbs. And it all worked and stuck very well.

View attachment 680399 View attachment 680400 View attachment 680401

Into the smoker at 300 deg. F, with cherry chunks , pulled at 166 deg. F.
While the chicken was smoking I made the sweet lemon rice and chopped up the cukes. Made the Mustard, Sour cream and Cheese sauce. ( the base was cream of chicken )

View attachment 680402 View attachment 680403

So the chicken is ready to cut , wow look at the swiss pouring out.

View attachment 680404

Did up everyone's plates, here is mine .

View attachment 680405 View attachment 680406

and of coarse the close up

View attachment 680407

This was a very moist chicken breast ( the pickle juice helped with that ) and the swiss and ham brought a nice flavour inside .
The cheese sauce was very nice on top . The sweet lemon rice and the cool cukes rounded off the plate.

The family was very happy and did not complain that it was a little late lol ( 45 minutes ) oh well they will live . lol

Thanks for reading hope you enjoyed .

David
Lord that looks good. I couldn't part out a chicken with a detailed u-tube video.

Lord that looks good. I couldn't part out a chicken with a detailed u-tube video.

Thanks John for the comment

It was a nice meal and fun to do.
As for parting out the bird, wings legs and thighs are normal for me. The challenge was removing the breasts without
making a mess. I also did watch a guy showing his butcher friend parting them out and then in slow motion. I still messed up a bit. I will get better as I do more . Its the pulling them away from the carcass that I had trouble with. 😨😨

But I will get better, and at the price for whole chickens , works for me .

David

WOW!! Simply amazing David. Something about that whole meal is just jumping off the screen and screaming my name. That's got to be one of the absolute best chicken meals I have EVER seen. Sorry to be so late getting to this but it's been crazy and I'm just finding time to go back and reply to some threads I've seen over the past week or so. Sure am glad I went back to this one. It is truly breathtaking my friend.
So the chicken is ready to cut , wow look at the swiss pouring out.
YES!! That is the coup de grace right there buddy. Just gorgeous. Makes you feel good to cut into the meal and see something that is pure perfection....just like this :emoji_wink:

Robert

Just now seeing this. Wow,that looks sooo good!!! I enjoy Chicken Cordon Blue, but have not made it in forever; that must change after seeing your cook! Congrats on the carousel ride. Beautiful plate!

WOW!! Simply amazing David. Something about that whole meal is just jumping off the screen and screaming my name. That's got to be one of the absolute best chicken meals I have EVER seen. Sorry to be so late getting to this but it's been crazy and I'm just finding time to go back and reply to some threads I've seen over the past week or so. Sure am glad I went back to this one. It is truly breathtaking my friend.

YES!! That is the coup de grace right there buddy. Just gorgeous. Makes you feel good to cut into the meal and see something that is pure perfection....just like this :emoji_wink:

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

You are more than kind with your words Robert.
It was a very nice meal and I enjoyed making it , even without any potatoes.
And love the way it came out with the smoked Panko shake and bake style.

David

Just now seeing this. Wow,that looks sooo good!!! I enjoy Chicken Cordon Blue, but have not made it in forever; that must change after seeing your cook! Congrats on the carousel ride. Beautiful plate!

Thanks Keith for the comment

I like it also , and glad I came across Chris's gmc2003 gmc2003 , and that made me want to make it for awhile. Glad I did
It was a great meal and the ladies were very happy with it , so win win.

Thanks about the carousal ride , always honoured and never expected

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky