Smoked Bologna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Getting a chub of all beef bologna all ready for smoking.

Made my own rub and PYM for the binder.
IMG_4695.jpg

Smoker at 225* for 2.5 hours then put some sauce on it.
IMG_4696.jpg

I've never smoked a chub before. Only slices, but I must say that looks terrific.

Point for sure
Chris

I can’t get those anymore, no place carries them so I have to make my own chubs. No big deal but yours looks delicious. Love some smoked/bbq bologna. Nice work.

I have a KY food handlers cert.

Lots of farm equip up and down the rd.
Harvest season is coming up and we are rural with farms around us.

Think I may put the easy up out and couple tables and do more chubs and a sign.

Smoked bologna sammiches $3 with chips and a soda $4.25

Reactions: JLeonard
I have smoked a bunch over the years but if I have room prefer slices now, i will vac pack enough for lunch for a week and then freeze

Sammich with a slice of melted cheddar, slaw and a dash of bbq sauce I’d gladly pay ya $5.00 for it! Heck I’d double that and pay $10!

Jim

Im going to get some pipe and punch a hole or 3 through the middle next time I do a log, push the plugs out and smoke them for cracker bites, pvc thin wall and a wash job should do the trick

Looks good whole or sliced. I slice chubs into about 3/8 in slices and coat with bbq sauce. Put them on the smoker grates with a pretty, hot fire until they start to singe and flip them over for a couple min to seal the other side. I used to use Fricks, but they stopped making the large chubs. Switched to the Armor German when I can find it, little expensive, but good. Thanks for posting.

Im going to get some pipe and punch a hole or 3 through the middle next time I do a log, push the plugs out and smoke them for cracker bites, pvc thin wall and a wash job should do the trick
Great idea.

Going to do that on my next, use my 1.5" od stuffer tube from my 20lb stuffer to make the hole.

I really need to get some casings to make some chubs of Bologna, and then smoke it. Like everything else, all beef bologna has become very pricy. I do love me some lonie sammies.

The only store near me that sold chubs got bought out several years ago, then closed. Since then, I haven't been able to find any. :emoji_disappointed:

When I'm in the mood for this, I go to the deli counter at my local grocery and ask them to slice a hunk off their chub. Usually a pound, pound and a half. Comes in around $10. Smoke it along with whatever else I'm doing. Satisfies that itch.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky