Jeff's St. Patty's Day Corned Beef recipe didn't work for me.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Such wonderful and helpful advice. Thank you! Everyone here has been really great.

I’m wondering if the best way to cook the other corned beef brisket might be in a Dutch oven in the oven?
If you like corned beef, that's the way to go.

I don't like to boil mine on a stovetop, though I will when I want it fast. 220-225 in the oven and let it ride until it's done. Put a bit of water in the pan so it has steam to start out with, it will release quite a bit of water as it cooks.

Alternatively, for pastrami, rub it with mustard, lightly dust with coriander and heavily dust it with black pepper, smoke it 4-6 hours, finish it in an oven (steaming like corned beef)

If you like corned beef, that's the way to go.

I don't like to boil mine on a stovetop, though I will when I want it fast. 220-225 in the oven and let it ride until it's done. Put a bit of water in the pan so it has steam to start out with, it will release quite a bit of water as it cooks.

Alternatively, for pastrami, rub it with mustard, lightly dust with coriander and heavily dust it with black pepper, smoke it 4-6 hours, finish it in an oven (steaming like corned beef)

Thank you for your wisdom. Sounds like a great way to go!

I’m so happy I found this forum! ❤️

Another thought is what was the down time from smoker to oven was meat move from smoker 200-degree smoker immediately into a 200-degree oven. Any
drop in the meat temperature will have to be recovered and can add considerable to your time.

Warren

Reactions: chopsaw
My two cents is smoke it just like a brisket. Shoot for the same finish temp of around 205F AND probe tender. I like to wrap with a little liquid at 165 or so at which time you can leave in smoker or move to the oven. For a rub I really like Meatheads Katz Knockoff rub. It's my go to. You can google and din that easily. If not pm me

Another thought is what was the down time from smoker to oven was meat move from smoker 200-degree smoker immediately into a 200-degree oven. Any
drop in the meat temperature will have to be recovered and can add considerable to your time.

Warren

Only a few minutes. Took off 225F smoker. Cut into side while still in pan, put in 300F oven covered.

Reactions: HalfSmoked
My two cents is smoke it just like a brisket. Shoot for the same finish temp of around 205F AND probe tender. I like to wrap with a little liquid at 165 or so at which time you can leave in smoker or move to the oven. For a rub I really like Meatheads Katz Knockoff rub. It's my go to. You can google and din that easily. If not pm me

Thank you! I found it. What all do you use it on?

Thank you! I found it. What all do you use it on?

I use the Katz meathead rub as well. Delicious

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky