She Asked For Texas Q: Beef And Pork Rib Feast (Heavy Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Very nice work!! Hope your mom is settling in well. Know it was hard for her to leave her home/friends/town. I'm sure good eats like what you serve up makes it an easy transition!!

Looks delicious Robert! I have 4 pounds of their boneless short ribs in the freezer. I almost bought the sausage as well. Wish I did now!

Well Robert nice to see you back at the smoker again . After moving Mom and the accident with your truck. You have been busy.

Great looking rack of ribs from cow and pig. Like said above everyone was probably more than happy.
But maybe not as happy as Bianca, 4 nice big treat bones for dinner.
The sides look very good also. Very filling meal, and did you open the last existing bottle of wine.

Oh my god Robert where are the sour creamonion rolls for the beans , come on you lazy Bast............., Just kidding you did your mom proud
And thanks for the close up Mr. DeMille.

David

I enjoyed reading this thread Robert. Ribs look fantastic!
Thanks for all the kind words my friend. Yep, it was nice doing this for mom. She'd never seen a real smoker in action till moving here but she's addicted to real Q now.
And yes, so glad the heat has relented
YES!!It was about the most brutal Summer on record. Glad to finally be seeing some more reasonable temps.

Robert

Reactions: indaswamp
Everything looks amazing. I am glad to see your dino rib cook as I was just informed that my CPB dino ribs will be arriving Friday
Thank you and great news on your upcoming delivery. If you order again please shoot me a PM before doing so Mike. I have a discount code that will get you a significant reduction in price.
I hope I can make mine come out close to as good as yours.
I have all the faith in the world sir :emoji_wink:
Now to see if I can remember how to fire up my smoker.
Yep, that was a challenge. Had to stop for a minute and try remembering the nuances of getting it fired up.

Robert

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Looks like that was a lot of work, but you pulled it off. Nicely done!!!
Thanks so much Bruce. It really wasn't a lot of work though. Just season the ribs and let the smoker do the work :emoji_laughing: The sides were simple enough also. Not a lot involved.

Robert

Good Lord Robert! Those look gorgeous
Thanks buddy. Very much appreciate it.
I know i'd be passed out on the patio!

Probably cuddled up with Bianca. Just don't try to infringe on her Tempurpedic bed. She might take offense to that :emoji_laughing:
And those folks over at CPB need to just start using your pics on their website.
They actually have used some pics from my cooks for marketing purposes. One of the reasons Joe takes such good care of me when I order stuff :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: JLeonard
That is a awesome cook right there! I have some of that CPB beef in my freezer that needs a similar treatment in the near future!
Thanks very much Civil. Time to get the goods out of the freezer and fire up the cookers....which I believe you have one or two of :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: civilsmoker
Fine meal my friend. Everything looks delicious
Thanks brother!! I appreciate the kind words.
Hope mom enjoyed it all! Going to have to cook her some Texas brisket here soon.
She loved it and yes, there is a brisket on the horizon. Gonna let the smoke clear (so to speak) from this one first though.
You make wine too?
I used to. Made my own beer for over 20 years. wine is virtually identical in the process and equipment needed, just a longer ferment time. Actually very easy to do.
I bet you grow your own cotton out in the back and spindle weave your underwear!
Nah. too much trouble for very little gain. Personally I believe that clothes (and shoes) are highly overrated and unnecessary most times.

Robert

So awesome to see you taking great care of your mom.
Thanks my friend. She has settled in, is comfortable, and feeling right at home.
Food looks amazing and man those beef ribs are something off the Flintstones!!
Yes sir, those ribs were huge. Without doubt the biggest ones I've ever done. The bones could double as a weapon for the next zombie apocalypse :emoji_laughing:

Robert

A fine hunk of work there Robert, everything looks to be spot on! I'm thinking nobody left the table hungry either, mama must have been thrilled!
Thanks so much my friend. There was definitely enough food to go around so nobody did without. Mom was off the charts happy. These came out really well and did Texas Q proud. Her first ribs that were not slathered in some sickly sweet sauce.

Robert

Now that is a visual I can't get out of my head - Thank Jim...lol
Y'all just need to stop this....right now!! What a bunch you all are, infatuated with somebody else's underwear. Something is amiss here :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: clifish
You mean Queen right? Robert has double royalty (tracy and mom) under that roof! oh heck and dont forget Bianca.
You have all the participants here but the pecking order is wrong. Bianca is at the top with mom and Tracy tied for 2nd.
Poor Robert is out numbered.
Yep. Glad somebody finally realized that :emoji_laughing: You should be here when there is an estrogen flare-up. Holy cow that can get crazy.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky