Smoked Bologna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Getting a chub of all beef bologna all ready for smoking.

Made my own rub and PYM for the binder.
IMG_4695.jpg

Smoker at 225* for 2.5 hours then put some sauce on it.
IMG_4696.jpg

I've never smoked a chub before. Only slices, but I must say that looks terrific.

Point for sure
Chris

I can’t get those anymore, no place carries them so I have to make my own chubs. No big deal but yours looks delicious. Love some smoked/bbq bologna. Nice work.

I have a KY food handlers cert.

Lots of farm equip up and down the rd.
Harvest season is coming up and we are rural with farms around us.

Think I may put the easy up out and couple tables and do more chubs and a sign.

Smoked bologna sammiches $3 with chips and a soda $4.25

Reactions: JLeonard
I have smoked a bunch over the years but if I have room prefer slices now, i will vac pack enough for lunch for a week and then freeze

Sammich with a slice of melted cheddar, slaw and a dash of bbq sauce I’d gladly pay ya $5.00 for it! Heck I’d double that and pay $10!

Jim

Im going to get some pipe and punch a hole or 3 through the middle next time I do a log, push the plugs out and smoke them for cracker bites, pvc thin wall and a wash job should do the trick

Looks good whole or sliced. I slice chubs into about 3/8 in slices and coat with bbq sauce. Put them on the smoker grates with a pretty, hot fire until they start to singe and flip them over for a couple min to seal the other side. I used to use Fricks, but they stopped making the large chubs. Switched to the Armor German when I can find it, little expensive, but good. Thanks for posting.

Im going to get some pipe and punch a hole or 3 through the middle next time I do a log, push the plugs out and smoke them for cracker bites, pvc thin wall and a wash job should do the trick
Great idea.

Going to do that on my next, use my 1.5" od stuffer tube from my 20lb stuffer to make the hole.

I really need to get some casings to make some chubs of Bologna, and then smoke it. Like everything else, all beef bologna has become very pricy. I do love me some lonie sammies.

The only store near me that sold chubs got bought out several years ago, then closed. Since then, I haven't been able to find any. :emoji_disappointed:

When I'm in the mood for this, I go to the deli counter at my local grocery and ask them to slice a hunk off their chub. Usually a pound, pound and a half. Comes in around $10. Smoke it along with whatever else I'm doing. Satisfies that itch.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky