Binder ideas for dino bone ribs?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Chasdev

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 18, 2020
I'm gearing up to smoke some dino bones for my sister and she won't touch hot sauce so I can't use it as a binder.
Oil is out as it blocks smoke so that leaves me with water (not IMHO the best choice), mayo, mustard or nothing at all other than meat juices and what else?
I am a fan of binders and in this case I'm using tons of #16 black pepper and kosher salt, so I want it to stick tight.
Any creative ideas that have worked for you?

Reactions: JLeonard
Boys have ya covered on binders. Heads up, if Sis not liking hot sauce doubt she'll like all that BP either. I ran dinos and did equal parts SPG on oak. My family (wife and 2 girls) said do not change ANYTHING and I agreed. I added a few shots of Frank's to mine on the plate but it was seriously about perfect as is.

I've always done the hot sauce thing, just because of the Franklin influence. I've seen people just straight up use water. I love mustard on pork. I've done it on beef too and not really tasted it at all at the end. Worcestershire is a great option, maybe mixed with some water or apple cider vinegar. You get some umami from it, probably. I agree with staying away from the oil based stuff.

Have you tried the new "W" Sauce?
I did a couple of weeks ago and an hooked!! Most ACE stores carry it in GA.

Keith

Don't need to use a binder at all... but I'm with the others...if they don't like spicy lots of black pepper won't be appreciated.

Reactions: chilerelleno
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky