Roasted Garlic ribs on the Pit Barrel....it smells good in here!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

radioguy

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Roasted some garlic cloves in the oven a few weeks ago. So why not rub up some beef ribs with it and smoke in the Pit Barrel Jr. This stuff smells amazing, rub with roasted garlic add some wood fired garlic, salt, pepper and a touch of cayenne. Hang eM up in the PB Jr for a few hours.
20240202_110218.jpg

20240202_123413.jpg 20240202_131347.jpg

We always hit the mangers specials. These were about 1/2 off so I grabbed a few packages. I like the full plate ribs but these will do in a pinch.
20240202_154123.jpg
This is the set up, Pit IQ110, holds temp very well. I forgot to put a small drip pan down, beef rendered fat caused a bit of a flare up and high temp.

20240202_170606.jpg 20240202_170618.jpg
All finished at about 3.5 hours, 250F. Taste is great.

Dinner time now!!!

RG

Lol. No wonder they were on sale - almost a month past date.
But seriously, I love back ribs. Maybe not as much meat but great flavor.
Did you have to cut them like that to fit in your smoker?

Lol. No wonder they were on sale - almost a month past date.
But seriously, I love back ribs. Maybe not as much meat but great flavor.
Did you have to cut them like that to fit in your smoker?
I had bought these before the last sale date. I put them in the freezer to stock up for our winter in Florida. Yes I cut them in half lengthwise. The ends will dry out as that hang near the fire. That is the only drawback on this pit barrel. I trim pork spares a bit short and will "flip" ends halfway through the cook. Thanks for asking. Tomorrow going to make beef tacos from the leftovers.

RG

Reactions: 912smoker
Nice cook, those look really good… I’d definitely gnaw on a few of those! Beef ribs are one of my fav to cook!

Love ribs in the Pit Barrel.
I also had a pid setup on mine but after a while I found it did not make much difference till the end of the cook.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky