Leg quarters

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smkryng

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 14, 2017
86475C7C-0107-4697-A8DC-C8AB789D0CD0.jpeg
Found a 10lb bag of quarters in the back of the freezer and decided they needed some smoke on em. Bout an hour an a half on the MES set to 250 till they all temped between 175-180, then to a smoking hot grill for some sauce and to get some crispy skin. Wife threw on some taters and corn, simple and delicious.

Very good sir.
What wood do you like with chicken?
I use hickory for just about everything. Such a strong wood can over smoke poultry. I just picked up some pecan and cherry. So I will try the cherry next time I make chicken.
Pecan and brisket is pretty awesome combination. Nice sweet smoke flavor.

Very good sir.
What wood do you like with chicken?
I use hickory for just about everything. Such a strong wood can over smoke poultry. I just picked up some pecan and cherry. So I will try the cherry next time I make chicken.
Pecan and brisket is pretty awesome combination. Nice sweet smoke flavor.
I’m a pretty big fan of stronger smoke so I pretty much use hickory in everything also. I was worried about over smoking on the chicken so I just backed off on the amount of chips a little bit. Came out perfect.

Reactions: joedube70
Nice job on that quarters,

Point for sure.

Chris

I like a 50-50 mix of hickory and cherry on my chicken.

Never get tired of BBQ chicken. Yours looks like it turned out well.

Great looking bird legs! I have made quarters so many times because they are so cheap and an easy smoke! smoked chicken is delicious too! great smoke!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

I like a 50-50 mix of hickory and cherry on my chicken.

Never get tired of BBQ chicken. Yours looks like it turned out well.
I may try that next time. Switch it up a little.
Great looking bird legs! I have made quarters so many times because they are so cheap and an easy smoke! smoked chicken is delicious too! great smoke!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)
Thanks. I don’t do chicken that often and every time I do I wonder why I don’t more often.
Looks like tasty bird to me! As I have said before grilled BBQ chicken is so underrated! Like!
Couldn’t agree more. Also a whole lot faster than a brisket or pork shoulder for sure.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky