Roasted Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Colin1230

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2021
Merriam, KS
We were expecting company for lunch today so I had to throw something together quick. Every since DRKsmoking DRKsmoking introduced us to his new WSM, I have been thinking mine needed some love before I put it away for the winter. Having a package of wings drying out in the fridg overnight, this was going to be easy. Tossed in a little oil and seasoned with Kickn-Chicken.

Getting it fired up.
20231108_111513.jpg
20231108_114611.jpg

Full chimney of KPro and just a foil wrapped pizza pan for easy clean up. Hoping for a hot fire.
Don't they look cute together?

Half way.
20231108_120131.jpg

The lid temp topped out at 325-350*, not as hot as I would have liked.

And done.
20231108_123228.jpg

Not the best color but the skin was surprising crispy.

For sides, Pam threw together some cheesy corn and a Mediterranean salad topped with Festa.

Here's my plate.
20231108_123417.jpg

It was a big hit with our lunch guest.
20231108_123141.jpg

Dessert was pineapple chunks and chocolate Rice Krispy treats.

And the final result.
20231108_124640.jpg

What a fun day. Thanks for looking everyone.

Good looking meal. And your guest has got it on his face....So it musta been good! Hes a good looking lil fella!

Jim

Awsome looking day for it , and it all looks great.
And your guest looks happy , and looks like there are a couple fur friends waiting for anything to hit the floor.
love me some wings , and I like the idea of cheesy corn also.

David

Fantastic !!
Not the best color
I'll have to disagree . Those are perfect . Whenever you get the fat boiling under the skin ( looks like you did ) you get that color and crispy / roasted skin .
Really nice .
big hit with our lunch guest.
Looks like something is gonna get hit . Love the " I'm trying to eat " look on his face . Lol .

We were expecting company for lunch today so I had to throw something together quick. Every since DRKsmoking DRKsmoking introduced us to his new WSM, I have been thinking mine needed some love before I put it away for the winter. Having a package of wings drying out in the fridg overnight, this was going to be easy. Tossed in a little oil and seasoned with Kickn-Chicken.

Getting it fired up.
View attachment 680621View attachment 680622
Full chimney of KPro and just a foil wrapped pizza pan for easy clean up. Hoping for a hot fire.
Don't they look cute together?

Half way.
View attachment 680623
The lid temp topped out at 325-350*, not as hot as I would have liked.

And done.
View attachment 680624
Not the best color but the skin was surprising crispy.

For sides, Pam threw together some cheesy corn and a Mediterranean salad topped with Festa.

Here's my plate.
View attachment 680625

It was a big hit with our lunch guest.
View attachment 680626
Dessert was pineapple chunks and chocolate Rice Krispy treats.

And the final result.
View attachment 680627

What a fun day. Thanks for looking everyone.
nothing testifies better than a plate full o' bones!

Sure looks tasty! And love your guest... I miss being that size...plate level, just slide it in!

Ryan

Good looking meal. And your guest has got it on his face....So it musta been good! Hes a good looking lil fella!
Thanks for the comment and like Jim, much appreciated. Yep, he's pretty special.
Awsome looking day for it , and it all looks great.
And your guest looks happy , and looks like there are a couple fur friends waiting for anything to hit the floor.
love me some wings , and I like the idea of cheesy corn also.
Thanks for the comment and like David. It was a beautiful fall day, 67*f.
The four legged vacuum cleaners are always ready.
Looks good. Good enough to get me to make some tonight!
Thanks for the like and comment Brian. I appreciate it.
I'll have to disagree . Those are perfect . Whenever you get the fat boiling under the skin ( looks like you did ) you get that color and crispy / roasted skin .
Really nice .
Many thanks for the praise and love Rich. It means a lot.
They really did turn out good. Not Vortex good but good none the less.
Perfect and the guest of honor is even better...😃
Thanks for the comment and like, Smoke. Yeah, Oakley tears up that cheesy corn.
nothing testifies better than a plate full o' bones!
Thanks John for the comment and like. I try to put a little humor into my posts in hopes of making someone smile.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
The four legged vacuum cleaners are always ready.

i hear you, our little girl Rosie has the nickname Hoover, she is either at my feet while i'm cooking
or she sneaks in for the cleanup while we are eating. I think she likes to think she is stealing it .

1699525854123.png
Monas July 2011 159.JPG

First picture she just came in out of the wet grass, she hates outside, lol.
But she is always scanning the floor for what ever might be hers.

David

Attachments

• P9186789.JPG
    P9186789.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Love
Reactions: Colin1230
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky