Wings,

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
not to be contrary, but we do wings pretty often and never use the smoker. I'm sure a little smoke might enhance to outcome, but for an easy kitchen munch, I use my Cuisinart air fryer to whip up a batch. This time I tried an extra step....... a little "breading". It's been an age old discussion.. naked or breaded wings? For one thing, for us it's whole wings ONLY, none of that crippled flats and drums discussion. We have a place across town that makes some bomb-diggity thick breaded wings (deep fried) but I grew weary of $50 for a big bowl and a pitcher of Stella.
So... I just arrange the wings in the fryer basket and dust liberally with smoked paprika, cayenne powder and garlic powder and let them sit while I prepare the "breading". I just use a sandwich size to-go container with a snap on lid.
Put and cup or so of AP flour in and generously add a couple TBLS of coarse black pepper, cayennne, garlic and paprika. close and shake up. One by one I lift the wings and lightly spray with canola oil. It's good to do the wet hand/dryhand method to avoid hulk fingers. drop wings in breading container and either shake or just thoroughly coat with breading mix and place back in fryer basket. Tun air fryer to 450and get hot. Cook time is by eye, but usually. about 10 minutes and flip/repeat. While cooking I put about 1/2 cup of Frank's hot sauce (or your choice) with a TBL of butter and nuke and stir. Put wings in bowl and pour sauce and and stir them up to thoroughly coat.
No charcoal or hunsaker hoo-ha, just fryer and wings. Pictures show wings before hot sauce (use your imagination for finished pic.
That's all

air wings.jpg

wing bowl.jpg

That's the thing with wings... they're way too easy to make them how you like, no muss no fuss. I too eat them whole, and fairly often. Cheap and easy.

I had a Cuisinart air fryer and never seemed to take to it. It was the big toaster oven looking one. Paid a lot for it to just give it away.

That's the thing with wings... they're way too easy to make them how you like, no muss no fuss. I too eat them whole, and fairly often. Cheap and easy.

I had a Cuisinart air fryer and never seemed to take to it. It was the big toaster oven looking one. Paid a lot for it to just give it away.
mama bought me a liitle round one for Christmas. it held like 4 wings. Think we paid about 2 bills or the Cuisinart. Now most used appliance in the house. Went thru about 5 toaster ovens before that. never looked back.

Love me some wings. We like them pretty simple. Deep fry, a touch of garlic, pepper, and a mix of cayenne-jolokia powder before going into sauce.

We've tried them on the smoker, but our preference is to just use the deep fryer.

Those do look yummy. I've done them in my air fryer before and they came out pretty dang good. I still prefer Vortex wings on the Weber though. I put SPOG on them, then a dusting of flour, and a fridge rest for a while. I get pretty crispy wings doing this.

Those look great . An airfryer makes great wings .
I do all mine in a Ninja 6+1 .

Looks good. Would eat 10/10! We smoke them then air fry them to crisp the skin and they come out great.

I'm not a big breaded wing fan FX, but I have to admit those wings look PDG to me.

Point for sure
Chris

I don’t care how you cooked those I would gladly take a plate sauced or even un-sauced!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky