Butt/Chuck/Wings!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Texas Cookin'

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 28, 2019
The wife is having a luncheon at work and volunteered us/me for the meat. Loaded baked potatoes is on tap so I am making PP for them. I have it all seasoned up with a local made rub from Cruz spices. Pretty good stuff.

The chuckie is where it gets interesting. I marinated it in W sauce and seasoned it with kosher salt, coarse pepper, and garlic powder. This is for dinner tonight and I still haven’t decided what I want to do with it. I could make pulled beef. I could make burnt ends. Or I could make a smoked pot roast. Hmm decisions decisions.

Oh my kid asked for chicken wings so I have a big bag of wings sitting in this marinade of Bachans Japanese bbq, lime juice, garlic. I may finish these in the air fryer after a long smoke.

That’s it for now. I’ll update later.

Fred

IMG_3368.jpeg
IMG_3369.jpeg

Chuck IT just hit 190. I’ve pulled it and foiled it and holding in the oven for a few hours until I decide how I want to finish it up. It should continue to braise and get tender like this. Cranked the heat up a little on that pork butt to start helping it along.

Reactions: JLeonard
I finally decided on a direction with the roast. I have small potatoes, carrots, pearl onions going in beef stock and Lipton soup mix. Will mix in some corn starch to thicken it into a gravy and add the meat.

Her is a pic of the pork butt. Starting to look good. IT is about 190. I’m thinking about finishing it off wrapped in the oven. As it’s getting cold out.

IMG_3374.jpeg

Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky