Vortex Single Cut Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Plan was to do David's single cut smoked ribs but time got away from me and these are so quick and good. Used a mustard vinegar binder and some Atkins rub.

20240106_155437.jpg

Into the kettle with Vortex. Went 15 minutes and rotate lid and than another 15. Flipped and went 25. Only temped 180 and usually 195 - 200 at these point where I want them. This last bag of Kingsford sucks. I could not even get a char on some pork steaks couple days ago. Be going with B&B from now on. Ended up another 15 I think. Sauced and back on for 10. This is where the Vortex really does its magic. Sets that sauce great and get those little crunchy bits. I normally dont do sauce but it really makes these good.

20240106_170929.jpg 20240106_172234.jpg

20240106_173133.jpg

Those look great and I love making them like this.

I'm wanting some ribs big time, but the bride and I got sick from some ribs several months back and she still can't even think about them.

I may have to try this for some shop snacks in the next few days, I'll make her a steak or something!

Nice Brian, you did good on those, like I always say.
Any day with ribs on the menu is a good day.

Your singles look great to me . I have never used a binder on ribs , but I love vinegar and mustard , so I will give it a :emoji_cloud_tornado::emoji_cloud_tornado: whirl.

David

Nice batch of singles Brian! I do like a set and backed sauce!

Good looking ribs! I've made these a few times after seeing your post on them a while back. Quick and easy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky