What are you listening to ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just happened to catch this one as I was strolling through...

The days of crotch hugging, bell bottom pants, Silk shirts, platform shoes...

I got the Three Dog Night- Suitable For Framing album when I was 5. I think my parents were as interested in it as I was, and I dont know why I was until I got it. Use to play it on one of those record boxes for kids that would close up like a clam-shell and latch until I got my parents hand-me-down cabinet stereo. Eventually that stopped working and I dissected it for the speakers at around 10 years old. I was obsessed with making one of those Marshall stacks with all the speakers! By then cassette tapes were out and I had moved on to Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Edgar Winter Group, Alice Cooper, etc.. All my parents also bought me, usually for Christmas.

I have a turntable and that Album still plays today without a skip or hangup. As a kid I was fascinated by the picture on the inside. It was one of those that opened up like a book but wasn't a double album...the hippies used them to de-seed weed back in the day...when weed still had seeds. The picture was of the band members (a bunch of people) dressed in various garb/costumes. I was in love with the girl in the white stockings...still have a thing for white stockings today...

This song popped in to my mind thinking about the Texan's on this site. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Texas and Texans and this song is more about a young man with country music dreams who went there to pursue them and couldn't hack it.

As a born and raised Virginia boy, I can relate to this song.

This is a Charlottesville country rock band.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
This song popped in to my mind thinking about the Texan's on this site. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Texas and Texans and this song is more about a young man with country music dreams who went there to pursue them and couldn't hack it.

As a born and raised Virginia boy, I can relate to this song.

This is a Charlottesville country rock band.

I like it. Went to add it to my playlist and not on spotify.

You can buy the MP3 album off of Amazon

I dont use Spotify for listening but it IS weird that that album is not available there. It's actually the only album I have songs from them in my mix (I have MP3's of everything). I use spotify and YouTube for pirating music to MP3's. But as a pirate, I'm still cautious about publishing music or I would plop in dropbox for y'all.

We first ran across SOB at a July 4th (really aggravates me to call it that, it's freaking Independence Day!) concert before fireworks in the little Podunk town of Scottsville VA. Bought the CD and the tee shirt on the spot. The tee shirt still gets noticed because on the front it just has "SOB"! My mom doesn't take offense, she knows she scarred me!:emoji_laughing:

My thread has died, but I'll revive it .............

Today, the mailman brought me Joe Bonamassa Live at the Hollywood Bowl.

Extremely unique, he has a 40 piece orchestra backing him up. This is big band sound, wow. I don't know whose idea this was, or who did the arrangement, but I'm enjoying it.

Love Joe. I met him after a show years ago. He was just hanging out around his tour bus chatting with fans. FWIW, the entire Hollywood Bowl show (11 songs) is on YouTube. I’ll buy the blu ray anyway. I’ve been listening to it on Spotify for a few days.

Reactions: Smokin Okie
Joe is digging back into his catalog for a lot of these songs. Its almost a greatest hits album.

I first wondered if the members of this 40 piece orchestra were really buying into backing up a blues/rock band. But the further I get into it, I think they're maybe enjoying this change from playing Bach and Beethoven.

I love the grin on some of the orchestra members faces.

Just ordered Concert for Bangladesh from 1971. I used to have the album (three records). Wiki

Love Joe. I met him after a show years ago. He was just hanging out around his tour bus chatting with fans. FWIW, the entire Hollywood Bowl show (11 songs) is on YouTube. I’ll buy the blu ray anyway. I’ve been listening to it on Spotify for a few days.

Yes, but I want the sound and picture quality of a BluRay. YouTube can vary greatly. I'm worried that concert dvd's will disappear, something Mrs Okie and I really enjoy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky