Vacuum sealer recomendations

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I went through two Food Savers, each lasted about 10 years. Pickup up a Weston from Costco about a year ago, looks and feels much more heavy duty than the two Food Savers were, but only time will tell how long it lasts.

Reactions: DieselTech
I have one of the older model Cabela's 15" commercial vacuum sealers, they are a bit more expensive but mine has been working great for 7-8 years or so. Haven't had to replace any of the seals yet.

Look into the Nesco Deluxe VS-12, it has a bunch of great reviews & was tested on America's test kitchen.

I bought 1 & I love it so far. Has multiple different functions as well.

If you want I can get you some pics.
Well my foodsaver that I said was dying almost 2 years ago died last night while I was trying to seal up some tasty Cumberland sausage. No worries I say, I'll grab the vacmaster 360 I bought in Oct 2022 to replace the foodsaver with the 16" sealing bar as a big selling point for me. Well, that sucker went crazy and wouldn't vacuum a thing. Not happy with that at all. After spending this morning reading, I ordered the Nesco. Fingers crossed.

Well my foodsaver that I said was dying almost 2 years ago died last night while I was trying to seal up some tasty Cumberland sausage. No worries I say, I'll grab the vacmaster 360 I bought in Oct 2022 to replace the foodsaver with the 16" sealing bar as a big selling point for me. Well, that sucker went crazy and wouldn't vacuum a thing. Not happy with that at all. After spending this morning reading, I ordered the Nesco. Fingers crossed.
I've never owned or used a vac sealer. But I love my nesco vs-12 deluxe. It seems to be like a good unit. Sure has saved me a bunch of money.

Reactions: mr_whipple
I have a nesco dehydrator and like it, so we'll see how this works out. It just burns my biscuits that a cheap foodsaver lasted almost ten years, but a vacmaster didn't make it two and with light use to boot.

If I could suggest anything for sealing, make sure you go beyond 13 inch seal bar so you can crank out single portion 6 inch bags of stuff (which might also mean get one with some "sucking horsepower" to manage it)
IMG_20240531_164059180_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240630_152029818_HDR.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky