Traeger - Smoke Stack Damaged

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

illini40

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 12, 2017
Hello

My Traeger Pro took a tumble off the patio during a recent storm. Outside of what appear to be relatively cosmetic bumps and bruises, the smoke stack did take a beating.

The top cap/lid busted off. The post that runs up through the smoke stack, with threads, that the cap screws onto is bent to a perfect 90*. The stack itself seems to be fine and not bent. It is literally just the small cap that covers the top of the stack.

Will I run into performance issues without having a cap on the stack?

Thanks!

I would think so, and I say that with my experience with my Camp Chef. The height of the weather cap is key to the flow / draft. Temp swings will be large if your Traeger is anything like my Camp Chef. You should be able to screw out the all-thread and replace it then screw the cap back on. Is the cap itself damaged?

I seriously doubt this will cause any issues. I would make sure no rain or snow goes down the stack tho.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky