What are you listening to ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
But when we went, I'd use Priceline to book a room a the downtown Hyatt Regency. At that time, I could get the room for under $100. From there, we could walk to the music venues, what was then known as The Brady before they became politically correct. And the Cains Ballroom. There were a lot of good acts going through there.
I was thinking of looking for an airbnb but I will check that out also. Have you ever heard of The Shrine? That where they playing.
The district just north of downtown was known as The Brady District, I don't know what they call it now, but there's a lot of good eating and drinking establishments there. We enjoyed McNellies. IDK how many are left after the pandemic. Haven't been there.
Sounds good.
If you're looking for barbecue, the place most Tulsans say is the best, is Burn Co. They had a near downtown location that caught fire and they did not reopen, but they're in south Tulsa now. Burn Co cooks on nothing but Hasty Bakes. Its baby back ribs and fattys, that they specialize.
I normally dont eat out for BBQ since I get enough at home but might have to try one. Thanks for all your input. Wish I could get someone to go but no takers.

I was thinking of looking for an airbnb but I will check that out also. Have you ever heard of The Shrine? That where they playing.

Sounds good.

I normally dont eat out for BBQ since I get enough at home but might have to try one. Thanks for all your input. Wish I could get someone to go but no takers.
I've not heard of The Shrine. It must be a new venue. Metal is just not in my music tastes.

I think eating other's barbecue helps me improve what I do at home. Sort've gives me something to compare to. And hitting different joints is fun.

Mrs Okie retires next Thursday. We're gonna start on a barbecue joint tour.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
My thread has died, but I'll revive it .............

Today, the mailman brought me Joe Bonamassa Live at the Hollywood Bowl.

Extremely unique, he has a 40 piece orchestra backing him up. This is big band sound, wow. I don't know whose idea this was, or who did the arrangement, but I'm enjoying it.

I had a chance to see him and blew it off. Another in a long list of bad decisions.

I had a chance to see him and blew it off. Another in a long list of bad decisions.

He's getting better with age. Every year he improves. Was nominated for another Grammy year before last. He gets nominated, but never wins.

His ticket prices are high, but its the primary source of his income. He's never had a record deal. Always made the albums himself.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Here are a few I revisit every now and then just because they're great

Vince Gill

Prince.. Who knew??

And then there's this little gem

And don't follow me down a Tedeschi Trucks rabbit hole....

Reactions: 912smoker

Vince Gill
[

Prince.. Who knew??

I won't follow you down the TTB rabbit hole, because I'm already there :emoji_wink:

Clapton , Sheryl Crow, and Vince Gill at the 2010 Crossroads Guitar Festival. That dvd still gets played around here. The best song from the set was Tulsa Time.

I keep hoping Clapton releases a dvd from the Crossroads Festival held in LA last year.

Vince Gill

Prince.. Who knew??

Saw Tedsechi Trucks a few weeks ago in Berkeley. Great show. Susan even played Jerry Garcia's guitar named Alligator.

Reactions: Smokin Okie
I won't follow you down the TTB rabbit hole, because I'm already there :emoji_wink:

Clapton , Sheryl Crow, and Vince Gill at the 2010 Crossroads Guitar Festival. That dvd still gets played around here. The best song from the set was Tulsa Time.

I keep hoping Clapton releases a dvd from the Crossroads Festival held in LA last year.
Great stuff. Just so much talent. I love good tunes, and occasionally get kinda mad knowing I'll never hear it all.
Saw Tedsechi Trucks a few weeks ago in Berkeley. Great show. Susan even played Jerry Garcia's guitar named Alligator.
Never had the opportunity so I'm kinda hatin/jealous right now! Just killer music!

Recorded the audio of both days of Crossroads in LA if you want.

Recorded the audio of both days of Crossroads in LA if you want.

Thanks, I'll give it a listen.

But Mrs Okie and I enjoy concert dvd's. I hope they don't quit making them. I've read the movie dvd's will soon be a thing of the past.

I've not heard of The Shrine. It must be a new venue. Metal is just not in my music tastes.

I think eating other's barbecue helps me improve what I do at home. Sort've gives me something to compare to. And hitting different joints is fun.

Mrs Okie retires next Thursday. We're gonna start on a barbecue joint tour.
I love pretty much all music types! Music been a big part of my life. My favorite now is Texas Country and George will always be the King. I found an Airbnb right down the street on 18th.

Have heard of her, and her tunes. Friend tunes me on to Samantha years ago, before she became somewhat noteworthy.

I played violin, cello, electric bass (a tiny bit of upright bass), and guitar over my many years breathing. As long as it involves actual humans making the music, I can get into it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky