While She's Gone

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
North Dakota
Well the wife is gone for another day yet so time to break in the new toy she is unaware of yet.
She also does not care for Venison Heart at all.
Sliced up some onion and red tators.
Light coating of EVOO and just hit it with SPOG.
20200613_164040.jpg

Little bacon grease to fry things up in. Sure doesn't take long on the BS.
Didn't burn but turned down to low.
20200613_165321.jpg

Tonight's meal, a small drizzle of Frank's red hot sauce on the venison. Have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
20200613_170032.jpg

Looks great!! I’ve yet to try heart of beef or deer. I swear the griddle makers are making money this last month!! I’ve seen quite a few new toys posted.

Not into hearts, but the meal came out great. Taters on the griddle brown perfectly. Did you precook the taters? I always do.

Looks great!! I’ve yet to try heart of beef or deer. I swear the griddle makers are making money this last month!! I’ve seen quite a few new toys posted.
I have looked at these for years. Tried other griddle on gasser, and the one I got with my RT. Just not what I was looking for in either of those.

Very nice! My wife has to be gone when I make any venison as well.

Never tried deer heart but I have seen a few posts on them and this fall I am sure I will give it a try. Yours looks great...Like!

Very nice! My wife has to be gone when I make any venison as well.

Never tried deer heart but I have seen a few posts on them and this fall I am sure I will give it a try. Yours looks great...Like!
Occasionally she will do a roast. Anything sausage she is ok with.
Only bad thing if you get the chance to eat deer heart is, that you slightly misplaced your shot. Ha ha :emoji_grinning: This was a muzzleloader deer., So not hard to do.
Thank you for the like !
Oh Yeah!!
I'd eat that slowly to enjoy it !!
Like.

Bear
Thank you Bear, it was delicious. Just wish I could have more often.
Appreciate the like.

That's a real delicacy, nice piece of work, Like! It's amazing how hot these griddles get without burning the food up, I turned mine down as low as it would go. RAY

That's a real delicacy, nice piece of work, Like! It's amazing how hot these griddles get without burning the food up, I turned mine down as low as it would go. RAY
Thanks Ray. It will be fun learning to cook with.
...thanks for the like...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky