Projects, a craving, and friends!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I would of named that HIROSHIMA! Because that post is The BOMB!

Nice job all around! Really craving a grilled bacon and cheese sandwich dipped in that soup right about now!!!!
Thanks BD, I appreciate it! Not sure where that craving for the soup came from but it was delicious! Wished I had a garden fresh mater for a blt... that would be awesome!

Ryan

Reactions: Buckeyedude
Amazing you even had the energy to author that post with all that you accomplished Ryan! Great job on getting all that work knocked out and finished. Now do more! RAY
Thank you Ray, I appreciate it! And yes, there's always something more to do or try... I bought the stuff to make raviolis but haven't taken time to do so yet.

Ryan

WOW, Ryan!! First I'll start with the 4-legged fur covered children. Beautiful pack you've got there.

Second, look at all that bacon! I can only imagine the smell. What's that, about 2 month's worth? 🤣

Third, that's a bunch of cheese and it looks great. Haven't yet attempted smoked cheese, but maybe soon. I need to do a bunch of reading on it first.

Fourth, crocheting and knitting are fast disappearing, I'm afraid. My mother, aunt, and both my grandmothers did it, as well as needle point. I have some cherished pieces from them. The blankets are very nice and I know your nieces will be very appreciative...
Thanks Charles, I appreciate it ! You have the sausage making going on, the cheese smoking is a piece of cake!
And yes, we love our dogs!

Ryan

Looks great.
I'm happy to get one thing at a time completed. My revived bread making has generated left over bread so .... bread pudding to put a thought on your cravings.

Good thing you have to shower being tending the livestock.
They might not appreciate the smell of fresh smoked belly on you.

My wife and daughter both knit and crochet. Wife still quilts the old fashioned way.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Looks great.
I'm happy to get one thing at a time completed. My revived bread making has generated left over bread so .... bread pudding to put a thought on your cravings.

Good thing you have to shower being tending the livestock.
They might not appreciate the smell of fresh smoked belly on you.

My wife and daughter both knit and crochet. Wife still quilts the old fashioned way.
Thank you!
I usually say my wife is kabobbing... maybe have mentioned using her knitting needles for kabobs... I got scolded. :emoji_blush:

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: Buckeyedude
Wow Ryan what a photo shoot 😂
Everything looks great and what a specialty on those blankets! I need to take up sausage, bologna, bacon and cheese but probably not the needles 😁

Keith

Wished I had a garden fresh mater for a blt... that would be awesome!

Ryan
That is my winter project. Got a very healthy tomato plant growing in a bucket that just started blooming.
tomato-1.png

Wow Ryan what a photo shoot 😂
Everything looks great and what a specialty on those blankets! I need to take up sausage, bologna, bacon and cheese but probably not the needles 😁

Keith
Thanks Keith! No need to be afraid of the needles... unless you can't run faster than my wife! Reminds me of a dearly departed rendezvous friend... he gained a few camp names... one of which was " Bear Bait Bill" we always said we were gonna take him bear hunting. Didn't have to outrun the bear, just outrun Bill! 😄

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: 912smoker
Lazy I say Just Lazy. What a waste of your spare time .

Well Ryan. you know I was kidding. That is a lot of great work. And I know your time is full , with life and farming and all.
( ps: don't forget Snow removal )

From the grinding out sticks and bacon, sweets, to the cheese and the pups and everything else . You make me feel lazy.

Very nice post Ryan and nice to stock up on things .

David

WOW Ryan that all looks freak'in fantastic. My wife makes afghans and they're very comforting in the winter months. I have to get my butt in gear and smoke some bacon. The grocery stuff just doesn't cut it anymore.

Point for sure
Chris

Lazy I say Just Lazy. What a waste of your spare time .

Well Ryan. you know I was kidding. That is a lot of great work. And I know your time is full , with life and farming and all.
( ps: don't forget Snow removal )

From the grinding out sticks and bacon, sweets, to the cheese and the pups and everything else . You make me feel lazy.

Very nice post Ryan and nice to stock up on things .

David
Thank you David, I appreciate it! I've been too lazy to post for sure. Wasn't sure where to post this pic on snow removal, here or in your other thread... excuse me while I duck and run for cover! :emoji_blush:

1000004255.jpg

But Mother Nature has been overachieving recently... a week ago all this was pure white, had to remove the slush a couple times... sucks when it freezes and you have to drive over frozen ruts.
But just so you don't cuss me out too bad... I'm sure we'll go back to this soon!

20240113_104950.jpg

Ryan

WOW Ryan that all looks freak'in fantastic. My wife makes afghans and they're very comforting in the winter months. I have to get my butt in gear and smoke some bacon. The grocery stuff just doesn't cut it anymore.

Point for sure
Chris
Thank you Chris, it's appreciated! And you're right, the grocery store stuff just isn't as good and costs too much!

Ryan

Thank you David, I appreciate it! I've been too lazy to post for sure. Wasn't sure where to post this pic on snow removal, here or in your other thread... excuse me while I duck and run for cover! :emoji_blush:

For most of Dec and Jan. that is what it looked like here mostly. We had a couple snows but only lasted a day or 3 . So I can't complain at all.
But I was surprised at your pic. as I thought you had lots more .
Did they ever get that tractor that was just sitting down the road ?

But just so you don't cuss me out too bad... I'm sure we'll go back to this soon!
Yes , we have lots now , but I know it will rain in a week or two. And then be nice , and then more blow in again

We will see what our Ground Hog says tomorrow. If she screws up , I will be on the hunt to kick some Groundhog ass. lol

Shubenacadie Sam
Description
Shubenacadie Sam is a Canadian groundhog who lives at the Shubenacadie Wildlife Park in the town of Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia. Every February 2, on Groundhog Day, Sam's shadow is closely observed at 08:00 AST to make the traditional prediction whether there will be an early spring. Wikipedia

David

For most of Dec and Jan. that is what it looked like here mostly. We had a couple snows but only lasted a day or 3 . So I can't complain at all.
But I was surprised at your pic. as I thought you had lots more .
Did they ever get that tractor that was just sitting down the road ?

Yes , we have lots now , but I know it will rain in a week or two. And then be nice , and then more blow in again

We will see what our Ground Hog says tomorrow. If she screws up , I will be on the hunt to kick some Groundhog ass. lol

Shubenacadie Sam
Description
Shubenacadie Sam is a Canadian groundhog who lives at the Shubenacadie Wildlife Park in the town of Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia. Every February 2, on Groundhog Day, Sam's shadow is closely observed at 08:00 AST to make the traditional prediction whether there will be an early spring. Wikipedia

David
We did have lots more but temps staying around freezing at night and upper 30s during the day helps melt alot.

And yes the tractor is gone. Saw the dealership bringing it back home on semi. Talked to one of the mechanics, they changed filters and made a hose to suck warm blended fuel out of a bucket to get it started and loaded onto a trailer. It seems that straight #2 diesel doesn't work in 40 below zero wind chill temps!

And it might be time for some smoked ground hog!

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky