Garlic Fire and Redrum Hot Sauces

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Been lacking motivation lately and had these ready to bottle for a couple weeks now. Finally got around to designing the garlic fire label and finishing these today. As some of you may have read my first batch of REDRUM was trashed when I dropped the box and cracked all the bottles. Started a new batch as Id really liked it as did my buddy. Red Savine habanero and reaper really put out the heat but the flavor is excellent. The Garlic Fire is a new one using the small amount of White Zan Coyote peppers I grew along with some local hot white block peppers I was gifted. Lots of garlic added post ferment. My buddy and his son have all my sauces back years and they are in love with this one. I may have to try growing more of the coyote this year. Yield was really low though. I still have Mean Green to bottle along with some Chile Lime. I was really bummed that I lost my chocolate habanero ferment. It's the first one I've ever lost. It bubbled over twice to an inch of dry ay top and developed a touch of mold. I'm ultra cautious so into the trash it went. I on on growing a lot more chocolate havs this year. Hoping I can muster some motivation to do the others this week. Have just really struggled with that lately. Here are a couple pics and thanks for looking.
1000006554.jpg
1000006548-01.jpeg
1000006549-01.jpeg

Looks great, hope ya get your mojo back pdq, mines been missing awhile, shoulder surgery may help mine next month after I recover.

Those are BAD ASS! Killer labels and the sauce looks out of this world! SOLID!

Two questions.
How long did you ferment and how do you make your labels?

I'd like to label mine but lack the know how.

Are these readily available to the public ?
No , just small batch home hobby. Most batches are just 12-15 bottles. Usually taken up by friends and a few locals. I usually toss some to our throwdowns too. I've rarely obliged a couple folks here be it trade or whatnot. I really just enjoy making them look good and taste great.

Last edited:
Reactions: mike243
The RedRum looks like it would be right up my alley.
Its pretty hot but maintains a nice flavor. Blend is about 3/4 habanero / 1/4 reaper. Reaper adds plenty of heat. Too much of the superhots gives a floral taste I don't like. It's a balancing act.

love the labels! And I bet that sauce is killer also.

Jim
Thanks Jim! I do enjoy making those labels lol

If what's inside the bottle is as good as the outside Oh Baby watch out.

Point for sure
Chris
I'd like to think it is, I really like these

Looks good, I'd give em both a try for sure
Thanks! I'll likely have some to throw into the next Throwdown.

Looks great, hope ya get your mojo back pdq, mines been missing awhile, shoulder surgery may help mine next month after I recover.
Thanks! Good luck with the surgery.

Those are BAD ASS! Killer labels and the sauce looks out of this world! SOLID!
Thanks so much!

Two questions.
How long did you ferment and how do you make your labels?

I'd like to label mine but lack the know how.
These were roughly 4 week ferments in 3.5% sea salt brine. I use Avery labels and they have free online tools to aid in design / layout. Thanks to some pointers here I use Bing AI to generate my images. Sometimes takes days before it gets an attempt I like but it is very cool. Hit me with questions anytime on the labeling.

Reactions: 02ebz06
Missed this somehow, Jeff. But looking great as always.

Love the labels, and the Redrum ( murder backwards ). love it .
And i could go for a splash of that on some chops.

I think the Garlic fire would be too much for me. ( not a strong garlic fan ).

David

Reactions: jcam222
JC222, Quite impressive, you need a bigger garden to go into business selling your product.
Thanks, I've been asked by some folks locally to partner up but I enjoy being retired way to much. I'm an all or nothing guy so I'd end up putting 40+ hours a week in it. Everything is small batch and on my timeline which makes it just an enjoyable hobby. In retrospect I wish I'd retired 5 years earlier and did my own thing.

On my timeline?

The garden waits for no one. When it's time it matters not if you're ready...
I harvest and freeze tons of peppers, they work great in ferments. As a matter of fact they seem to be even more active.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky