The NFL Draft is upon us, whatcha smokin?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grillin_all_day

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 5, 2008
Barksdale Air Force Base, LA
The first day of the draft's finally here! I was so excited (big football nerd) about the draft that I took vacation (and a few extra recovery days
icon_mrgreen.gif
) to watch the draft since I don't know how much football I'll be able to watch w/ my upcoming move to Italy at the end of the summer. I've got plenty of liquid gold replenishment and just threw a pork butt in the smoker w/ some pecan.

This is the pork butt I was gonna smoke 2 weeks ago, but the thunderstorms rolled in, so I vacum sealed it and threw it into the freezer. I threw it into the fridge to thaw out, and when I pulled it out this morning, it smelled amazing! I threw on a fresh coat of rub and into the big block 20 minutes ago. So what's everyone's plans for the draft?

GO BRONCOS!!!!

Goodell wanted part of the draft in prime time. Rounds 2-3 will start tomorrow around 6:00 p.m. EST I think, w/ rounds 4-7 on Saturday starting at 10:00 a.m. EST.

It's going to be pretty interesting this year though. I expect a lot of movement in round 2. Teams get an extra night to look at their draft boards and try to move up and take players that slipped out of the first round.

Thanks Steve. I had to take vacation cause I would have been working for the whole draft, which means I wouldn't have been able to spoil myself the way I'm going to!

nothing, its a weeknight(no time)

Ill be watching parts of the draft, the NBA playoffs, the NHL playoffs, and the White Sox though.

My friends and I always have a poker tournament during the draft. Last weekend I smoked a 7lb pork butt, a 4.5 pound chuckie, and 10lb's of chicken hindquarters - then pulled, bagged, and froze them. Going to get them out of the freezer tonight to start thawing them for Saturday.

I understand what the NFL was thinking by breaking up the draft in multiple nights, but I kinda liked the marathon aspect to the old way.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky