Is Amazon Prime still a good deal ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Amazon gave me an option to " pause " my Prime subscription. I took them up on it.

I immediately get an email listing all the benefits I gain from giving them $140.

The only item on this list that I use is the free shipping and I believe I can get around that by combining items and not needing one day delivery, which btw, this one day delivery here in OKC, is sporadic.

I'm a cord cutter and I subscribe to other streaming services like YouTube TV, Discovery +, Paramount +, Peacock, and ESPN + that offer me more than I can watch, or have the desire to watch.

I also have a Tablo DVR and there's a whole lotta OTA programming that's free.

Here's the list

Prime gives you access to exclusive members-only benefits:
  • Free One-Day Delivery on tens of millions of items
  • Unlimited instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV episodes
  • Free streaming of more than two million songs plus thousands of playlists and stations
  • Free game content and ad-free viewing on Twitch.tv
  • Unlimited access to over a thousand books, magazines, comics and Kindle Singles
  • Unlimited listening to original audio series from Audible
  • Unlimited photo storage, accessible anywhere you are
  • 30-minute early access to select Amazon Lightning Deals
  • And more

Try buying an incandescent light bulb at Home Depot. Good luck. But, I can get them on Amazon for the same price and, yes, free shipping in a day or so.

I'll stick with Amazon.

I don't want to buy any more incandescent bulbs. And if I did, I would not need one tomorrow. Amazon offers shipping options that would get it here free without paying for Prime.

Reactions: Smoking Allowed
I don't want to buy any more incandescent bulbs. And if I did, I would not need one tomorrow. Amazon offers shipping options that would get it here free without paying for Prime.
I'm not here to get in to a discussion on whether or not someone should buy incandescent bulbs or not. I am just saying that finding many things in a store is hard to do these days. I buy enough on Amazon that the Prime membership easily pays for itself, and I don't have to look for free shipping options.

Reactions: chopsaw and zwiller
I wonder how much it's going to go up since UPS settled their strike. I work for an auto dealership and we ordered 200 10" windshield Ice Scrapers (customized). Most of the companies were all about $2.25 ea for the scrapers, shipping was anywhere from $ 85.00 to $153.00 for the order.

I'm finding free shipping without Amazon Prime as long as I'm willing to wait. And almost everything I buy, I'm in no hurry.

I wonder how much it's going to go up since UPS settled their strike. I work for an auto dealership and we ordered 200 10" windshield Ice Scrapers (customized). Most of the companies were all about $2.25 ea for the scrapers, shipping was anywhere from $ 85.00 to $153.00 for the order.
probably 90% of my Amazon orders are delivered with their own trucks, very little comes UPS now

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky