NEVER announce out loud that you have a free weekend!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 4, 2014
Montague County, TX
So, last week I stated on here that I had a free weekend coming up and wanted some inspiration to smoke/grill something different. LOTS of folks here came through with some awesome ideas, and I had a stuffed flank steak on the rotisserie planned down to the final plate shots on Sunday... BUT...

"Life" must have been monitoring SMFs and decided to throw me a curve. Saturday evening the bride told me that the kitchen sink was draining slow. By Sunday morning it wasn't draining at all!

Did all that I knew to do and it was still clogged. So, called a plumber today to come snake the lines and was told that they are still backed up doing repairs on the broken pipes and such in the area after the "polar vortex" freeze we had for 96 consecutive hours... A lot of people just don't prepare for that stuff I guess.

So, we made a pot roast, in the oven... No pictures of that for sure since we've all done it!

Stand by, I'm hoping for better life results this coming weekend for the dizzy flanks steak!

But, rumor has it that I scored a tray of wings today for 1/2 price... That may be tomorrow night, if life isn't listening. :emoji_laughing:

So that's like saying you're gonna go do a job quick... won't take long, and 6 hours later, maybe some choice words being said... nope, never been there! :emoji_sunglasses:

Hope things improve soon! Look forward to those cooks!

Ryan

Hey CB, that thread was awsome. Lots of great culinary ideas were shared for all. Hope you use them all. As for the plumbing problem I hope you get that sorted out and get back to smokin some good meats.

We're enjoying much warmer weather up here in Northern British Columbia. Well above freezing.

Oh did I say, 'no takesies backsies!"? Because no takesies backsies! We had deal that was made fair and square!

Yea making an announcement like that is an open invitation to a new unintended honey do list…..

Or…..it’s like the look on the guys face I saw today that turned the wrong way on the 3 lane one way and he was staring at a wall of cars…..he knew instantly that he made a wrong choice but had no choice but to dodge the “bad decision” I had a front and center view of his face cause he turned into my lane…..I’m just glad no one hit me because I had to stop dead and that there was a little shoulder he could move to…… so hopefully your Plumbing deal will find the shoulder quick…..lol.

So that's like saying you're gonna go do a job quick
Ain't that the truth. Had a job in Mississippi a few years back that was supposed to take a day and a half, I confidently told the wife this is gonna be easy. I'll probably catch an early flight back...A week later I finally finished and headed home. Never again do I mention how easy something's gonna be

So that's like saying you're gonna go do a job quick... won't take long, and 6 hours later, maybe some choice words being said... nope, never been there! :emoji_sunglasses:

Ryan
Or replacing a part and its going easy...already thinking about that cold beer at the finish....and the final bolt shears off. Yeah got that t-shirt too.
Cranky....hope your plumbing problems are a easy fix and that flanker gets dizzy soon!

Jim

Sorry for your troubles Cranky...but you did kinda ask for it!

I'm no smarter. I can't count the number of times I've spouted off and said something dumb - like how easy and fast some chore would be, or how smooth things were going...only to be slapped down by that a**hole Karma.

Hope the plumbing issue turns out to be nothing too serious, so ya can get back to that flank steak and those wings!

Red

Reactions: JLeonard
CB, Life does indeed know how to throw curveballs when you're expecting a fastball. My widowed neighbor had a garage door spring break the other day,I told her I would fix it. Easy Peasy I thought, LOL took two hours, some cursing and a skinned knuckle before I was done.

Hope things improve soon! Look forward to those cooks!

Ryan
PRECISELY! For the record, we still haven't had a plumber show up. Maybe Thursday, but I'm not complaining, we had a LOT of people in this area get hit hard with broken pipes and well issues. We were prepared this time. Washing dishes in the tub isn't too hard for another day or so. :emoji_laughing:
Hey CB, that thread was awsome. Lots of great culinary ideas were shared for all. Hope you use them all. As for the plumbing problem I hope you get that sorted out and get back to smokin some good meats.
There are a LOT of great things on there and I have many of them written down on the to do list. I'll be doing my stuffed flank soon.
We're enjoying much warmer weather up here in Northern British Columbia. Well above freezing.

Oh did I say, 'no takesies backsies!"? Because no takesies backsies! We had deal that was made fair and square!
I assure you, it'll get done. If nothing else, I'm hard headed!

Suppose some Frank's hot sauce would cure your drain problems? I put that sh-- in everything... wait... that's not what they say is it?

Ryan

We have tried everything that's safe for septic systems to no avail. I have a grease trap outside that the sink goes to and I'm guessing that could be the issue, but at 57 years old, with 2 prior neck/back surgeries, I'm not going to try and lift the concrete lid off of it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky