Hey cat people, I got a question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
1712849645032.png

The last cat I had was a kitten from a feral cat. She had a litter inside my green house of about six or seven so I left the door open so she could move them. She took all but one so I nursed it for a week till it got stronger. He never wanted to go outside, just laze around where ever it could.
HPIM3834.JPG

cats are indiscriminate killers. Not their fault, they are what they are, but because of that IMO they should not be put out to roam.
That's exactly right . If it only effects the owner , then that's fine . In and around other people it doesn't work for several reason . Puts the cat in danger as well .

Found 3 Missouri songbirds dead at the bottom of my bushes yesterday . I hate that , but don't blame the cat , blame the owner .

Reactions: schlotz
I've got no problem with cats. I'm just wondering why they have to be outside all night to roam the neighborhood, that's if they're not feral.

The most common result from my Google searches was that it was irresponsible to let the cat roam. The cat could get run over on the street or other bad things could happen to the cat.

I've not yet set a trap. I just can't do that if it might be somebody's pet, even if they should not let their pet impose on other people. We've all got to live together.

And the cats do spray my WSM. Good thing its covered. And I find an occasional cat turd on my patio.

BTW, the cameras haven't picked up on this cat the last three nights. But the rabbits are gone, also.

SO, I have neighbors who let their cats out in the evening and then the cat won't come back in . Some folks let their cats out for the night because the cat will pester them relentlessly to go out.

Reactions: chopsaw
Do you let your cat out over night ?

My security cameras are picking up a cat in my backyard every night, between 1 am and 3 am. I'm thinking this has to be a feral cat. I can't imagine any pet owner letting the cat run the neighborhood all night ?

Sunday evening, we sat on the patio and watched a couple of baby rabbits running around our back yard. Living in a housing addition in the city, that's a treat. But this cat showed up Sunday evening and I found the remains of a baby rabbit. And the adult rabbits have left.

I'd like to set a live trap and relocate this cat to the next county. If its a feral cat, I've got no qualms. I don't like doing that to someone's pet, but if they really cared for their pet they'd not let it roam all night.

Its a pretty cat with distinctive markings, white legs.

View attachment 693969
My cats are A#$holes and not bright enough to let roam. They are allowed on the font Lanai only. We have a couple o tame neighborhood cats that visit, then everbody gets all fluffed up and howls. We had a crazy cat lady that fed all the ferals a few years back. They have been thinned out due to attrition ( or whatever) .
My water hose will shoot about 20' which thins the visitors out. If it can be relocated, I agree.
People are stupid. I could never hurt an animal unless it posed a direct threat, then I'd probably have a 9mm perforation.

Reactions: JLeonard
We had two cats a few years ago, a brother and sister. She was definitely the boss of the two. They were both indoor cats.
Our neighbor let her female cat roam the neighborhood at night, and she would stop by our back porch, outside the glass doors. One night she came by and started grooming herself outside the door. It was more like a cat version of a slinky pole dance, and our boy was very interested. When his sister walked in and saw him gawking at the neighbor cat, she whapped him upside the head so hard, he must have been seeing little cartoon birds flying around his head.

• Haha
Reactions: schlotz
I'm really not a cat person. We had a cat when I was probably 5 years old. It was an outside cat and never wanted to come in the house. He'd stop by every once in a while and drop off a dead bird or something just to let us know he was still around. Then we moved to another state. Not quite sure whatever happened to him, but I'm sure he survived.

My daughter has two cats. One for some reason really likes me and hangs around my feet whenever we visit. His name is Brody, but I call him Groady Brody. They were both in some cat commercial, and the owner didn't want to pay the Vet bills. So my daughter adopted them from work. The other cat hides upstairs when we visit. Never to be seen.

Chris

I'm really not a cat person. We had a cat when I was probably 5 years old. It was an outside cat and never wanted to come in the house. He'd stop by every once in a while and drop off a dead bird or something just to let us know he was still around. Then we moved to another state. Not quite sure whatever happened to him, but I'm sure he survived.

My daughter has two cats. One for some reason really likes me and hangs around my feet whenever we visit. His name is Brody, but I call him Groady Brody. They were both in some cat commercial, and the owner didn't want to pay the Vet bills. So my daughter adopted them from work. The other cat hides upstairs when we visit. Never to be seen.

Chris
My folks have the same. One cat loves everybody, and his purr sounds like a 125 hp outboard motor. The other just ghosts us when we come over.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky