Sous Vide Beef Tenderloin w/ cream sherry mushrooms and roasted potatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
As I continue to work my way to the bottom of the chest freezer, next up is the tenderloin from our cow. Sous vide for two hours at 129 degrees F, ice bath for the bag, then smoke for an hour before searing off to serve.

1687620195218.png

1687620209334.png

That's beautiful! And suddenly I crave beef, mushrooms, and taters!

Ryan

Looks fantastic! Looks a lot better than the chops I have in SV now.

That is a beautiful and decadent looking plate of food. Absolutely gorgeous. Very nicely done!! I'll bet that tenderloin was about as tender as it could get the way you cooked it. A lot of steps but the end result looks fantastic.

Robert

That is a beautiful and decadent looking plate of food.
Thank you!

Great Plating. What’s your recipe for mushrooms and sauce?
Pretty ad libbed. Butter in a pan, throw in quartered mushrooms, salt. Let them cook down 6+ minutes so that they release a bunch of water. Throw in a diced shallot and garlic and some black pepper. Maybe some thyme from the garden. Add a little soy sauce, maybe a tiny bit of Worcestershire or fish sauce. Let that all cook for a few mins, then crank the heat, pour in some port or cream sherry (bonus points if you flambe). Cook that down for a few mins, adjusting seasoning as you like, until it's the consistency you want. Finish it off with a tablespoon of butter in the pan, mix well, serve.

I'm a little late and looks great! I'm freezer diving as well. Found a vac sealed 5 bone rib slab I cut off a rib roast for dino ribs the late Bearcarver Bearcarver cut as well. Steal a little eye of ribeye on uncut roast to leave an inch of meat on the bone. Looks tasty!

Reactions: LoydB
Thank you!

Pretty ad libbed. Butter in a pan, throw in quartered mushrooms, salt. Let them cook down 6+ minutes so that they release a bunch of water. Throw in a diced shallot and garlic and some black pepper. Maybe some thyme from the garden. Add a little soy sauce, maybe a tiny bit of Worcestershire or fish sauce. Let that all cook for a few mins, then crank the heat, pour in some port or cream sherry (bonus points if you flambe). Cook that down for a few mins, adjusting seasoning as you like, until it's the consistency you want. Finish it off with a tablespoon of butter in the pan, mix well, serve.
Thank you

How long did you leave in the ice bath?
what temp did you smoke at?
I am considering replicating this tomorrow but at lower temps

How long did you leave in the ice bath?
what temp did you smoke at?
I am considering replicating this tomorrow but at lower temps

Fifteen minutes maybe? Probably smoked at 250 F.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky