NYE Meal; 21 day dry-aged grass fed beef tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

spohnat

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 15, 2016
The last of the fancy holiday meat orders from my favorite local butcher. The tenderloin was 2.01 pounds. I seasoned it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder and put it in the fridge for 3 hours. I debated sous viding but decided to throw it on the smoker. I kept the temperature low between 180-195 for the cook. It took around 90 minutes to get to 123 degrees. I then opened the smoker and turned it off to rest for 5 minutes. It was then lightly torched to crisp up the outside and sliced for serving.

It was served with reduced onions, mushrooms, baked potatoes, green beans, and Prisoner wine. I think this was my favorite of the 3 dry-aged products (prime rib and strip loin roast), but all were delicious.

Happy New Year!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0066.jpeg
    IMG_0066.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0063.jpeg
    IMG_0063.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 25
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky