Smoked Sous Vide Turkey Breast w/ Maple Dill Carrots, Crispy Skin & Pan Gravy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
My mom broke her shoulder a couple of months ago, so Thanksgiving will be at our place this year. This is my test run of sous vide turkey breast. Brined, cooked for 2h 45m at 146 degrees F, shock cooled down in the sous vide bag, then patted dry, rubbed and smoked for 90 minutes @ 270 degrees F.

1698154921564.png

Next time I won't do a rub - the rub overpowered the smoke because of the short smoking time. It did pick up some, but it was hard to taste. I'll try again next week.

Maple dill carrots? That sounds tasty. Care to share the process on that?

Looks good . I see now that you SV'd first . If I brine , I use black pepper only on the skin .
Never tried the turkey in the SV first , but I've been doing bone in chicken parts . 160 for 2 hours then grilled . Carrots look great .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky