Smoking on the road?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

firecapt

Original poster
May 23, 2010
Sonoma County, CA
I've been smoking in various types of smokers for years.  Have smoked just about everything we all talk about here with great results, thanks in part to suggestions and advice from the SMF members.

We have a 5th wheel and travel several times a year and I miss my slow smoked food.  Of course I take a barbecue with me (Weber Baby Q 200), do Dutch Oven cooking, and direct over the fire (where a fire is allowed).

I would like to cook ribs, pulled pork, etc. while "camping" but we sure don't have the room to take along any of the traditional smokers.  I thought I'd ask the group here if anyone had solved this problem or had suggestions about what would work.

Remember, when RV'ing everything has to be "down-sized."  We have propane (use it to run the Weber), could use charcoal, or just plain wood.  Some places we stay don't allow fires so we are stuck with propane or charcoal.

What say you all??

There are several guys here who take smokers with them.

Hopefully one will be along shortly to give you better answers.

I don't know how much room you have, but one of the small gas models or a WSM 18.5 wouldn't take up too much room.

You can also use indirect heat with a charcoal or gas grill with chips or chunks for smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky