My Bodacious Bones Entry

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Nw Iowa
My entry was braised beef ribs served with mashed potatoes and gravy along with country style ribs stuffed and wrapped in bacon and bacon wrapped spare ribs.

I had or should say we ( my wife and I), had alot of fun doing this TD! Originally, I was just gonna smoke all the meat using one of my smokers... that is until my wife suggested cooking over the fire...I loved that idea!

Getting the fire started, once we had some nice coals I also used some B & B hardwood charcoal

20230702_093040.jpg

The beef ribs, and country style ribs we started with

20230702_090818.jpg

20230702_090718_resized.jpg

Started with the CSR's on first

20230702_122333.jpg

Another look...

20230702_125240.jpg

After removing from the fire and let them cool, I hollowed out the center of the ribs and stuffed with cream cheese mixed with some shredded smoked cheddar cheese.

20230702_191131.jpg

That was the last pic either of us took of these apparently... ooopppsss! But they were then wrapped with bacon and finished on the pellet smoker.

Next up, the beef ribs. Got them seasoned with some of Brian's rub, @bmudd14474 along with Kinders The Blend and over the fire they go

20230702_125520.jpg

And more pics of the beef ribs as they progress...

20230702_133012.jpg

20230702_141057.jpg

20230702_150903.jpg

After removing from the fire the beef ribs were put in dutch oven with carrots, onions, beef broth, parsley, thyme, oregano, rosemary, and bay leaf

20230702_184348.jpg

And then hung over the fire to simmer

20230702_155819.jpg

The spare ribs were cut into individual ribs, seasoned with Jeff's rub, (@TulsaJeff ) a big shout out to him... we absolutely love his rub! They were then wrapped in bacon and smoked on the pellet smoker.

20230702_180632.jpg

20230702_184133.jpg

And finally... the plated pic

IMG_20230707_192250.jpg

As mentioned earlier, we both really enjoyed this one! Not only did we have a ton of great eating but we just love cooking over the fire!
Credit for helping with this cook to my wife... not only with some of the meat but she made the mashed taters and the gravy! We know how much I like my gravy!!
Thanks for looking! And thanks to the guys that put these throwdowns on!

Ryan and Michelle

Looks great to me nice work. You know them beef ribs is close when they show their teef.
Thanks Eric! I appreciate it! It was a fun cook for sure!

Thanks 02ebz06 02ebz06 for the like, I appreciate it!

Ryan

Love the ribs and love the open pit Ryan. My hats off to you and your wife. To give you a Vt compliment - You done did gooder.

Point for sure
Chris

looks good Ryan , and love the live fire cooking . I have that same D.O. and have a goal of using it like this when the weather turns .

Love the open fire cook!! Everything looks Amazing!! What a great TD entry that was!!

Sean

Love the ribs and love the open pit Ryan. My hats off to you and your wife. To give you a Vt compliment - You done did gooder.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! Much appreciated! We love doing gooder! Now had I thought about it... I should have gotten a beer pole pic in there! The pit actually rusted a hole in the bottom... one of the pics actually shows an old feed grinder screen in the bottom... darn farmers throw nothing away lol!

Ryan

looks good Ryan , and love the live fire cooking . I have that same D.O. and have a goal of using it like this when the weather turns .
Thanks Rich! We love cooking over the fire! Look forward to seeing some of your cooks when the weather is more suited for it!

Ryan

Love the open fire cook!! Everything looks Amazing!! What a great TD entry that was!!

Sean
Thank you! It was alot of fun doing it! We just had a great afternoon! And was nice to finally getting around to post it.

Ryan

Reactions: Redicans
That is a very "cool" cook Ryan! I love the open fire and dutch. That is a really cook fire pit you have there too! Not sure I have seen that before!

What an amazing thread Ryan!! The entry itself was outstanding but seeing the whole process was totally off the charts. One spectacular effort by you and Michelle!!

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky